Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
nirav

wi-fi issue with screen movement - T400 Win7

IT400 6473-THQ  4GB RAM, Win 7 Enterprise SP1 64-bit,   P8400 series processor

My system is 2 yr 7 months old. Recently it is giving a problem with wifi. If I move my screen up and down, I observer the wi-fi light goes off and checking Fn+F5 key shows wi-fi not available. In short, I lose connectivity. Sometimes however, if I move screen again, the wi-fi comes back.  This issue is pretty irritating and I end up restarting my system to gain the wi-fi access again. 

any idea what the issue is ? I have already installed the latest Lenovo Think advantage updates.  

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: wi-fi issue with screen movement - T400 Win7

hey nirav,

welcome to the forum.

when you mention about moving the screen, are referring to physically moving the lid or are you referring to moving what is being displayed?

try uninstalling the current wifi driver that you have. let windows install its generic driver.

test your connection with the generic driver and see if there is any difference.

then head over to http:///support.lenovo.com and download the wifi driver. do not install it yet but set your unit to to diagnostic mode via msconfig.

once in diagnostic mode, install the wifi driver.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.