Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Eric

windows vertical scroll bar stuck at the bottom

Hi,

can anybody help me solve the problem? thanks in advance.

my laptop is ThinkPad T400, part No. 2764CTO, bought in Nov, 2008. OS is vista, office 2007.

the problem is sometimes when I use word or IE, the vertical scroll bar just stuck at the bottom, I could not go back to the first page or pageup, first I thought I got virus, I scaned the whole computer with AVG (free version), there was no virus, but sometimes this could fix the problem, sometimes not. it is very annoying.

is this the computer hardware problem or other problem? how to fix it.

thanks

Eric

Agotthelf
Topics: 145
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 183

Re: windows vertical scroll bar stuck at the bottom

Hello Eric,

please go to start-->control panel-->mouse select tab ultranav.

The click touchpad and choose the navigation point on the left, virtual scrolling an uncheck automatic scrolling.

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
brutal

[ Edited ]

I haven't tried the other suggestion, but mine frequently does this even though I have the ultranav touchpad and buttons turned off. Seems banging on the mouse buttons makes it  stop.

Message Edited by brutal on 02-24-2009 12:08 AM
Message Edited by brutal on 02-24-2009 12:11 AM
I hate my T500 and want a new T41 or T43 with a 4:3 screen. The CPU fan failed for the first 2 weeks, Now it just rattles. The screen res flips to 1024 when I close the lid (sometimes) or when coming out of screensaver (any, sometimes.) What a POS, Lenovo should be ashamed of these things.
Paper Tape
koolzero

I have a brand new T400 that is doing same thing, mine is running Windows XP.  I work on a help desk, and my company is replacing all of it's T43ps with T400's.  I hope a bios update will fix this, and if so hopefully soon, because we will be getting lots of calls about this.
What's DOS?
LauMcC

It's the Sticky Keys.  Hit the Shift key 5 times and hit Cancel to cancel sticky keys when the prompt comes up.