Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
bb37221

8897 T61 with 2504 Dock

Any time I go from docked to undocked, the mouse driver for the Lenovo Scroll point mouse is deleted and replaced with the mouse driver for the touchpad/pointing stick.  In addition, the screen resolution for the external monitor (and the placement of the desktop icons) change to the screen resolution (and the placement of the desktop icons) for the T61 screen.  Second, the mouse plugged into the docking station PS2 port will not work after beiing undocked unless it is unplugged and re-plugged in.
Lenovo first said the dock was defective and sent a replacement, but the new dock behaves exactly the same way. Finally, if I shut down the computer (while in the dock) and try to start up after any length of time, the opening Lenovo screen is as far as I get... It will not boot up unless I shut of by holding down the power button and remove the computer from the dock, and start up off of the dock.  When I do this and place the computer back into the dock, the Lenovo Scroll point mouse driver will be replaced with the IBM TouchPad driver and I have to reload the Lenovo Scrollpoint driver from the CD.  Any suggestions?