Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
ruckb

90 GB Hard Disk on T61 full, but only 25GB of files on it

Hello,

the Hard Disk of my T61 is full, but there are only 25MB of Data on it.

The 25MB I have checked with WinDirStat, which shows a nice overview where the disk space is going. The Disk management (not sure what the exact name is in english) shows that my C should have 90GB in size and there is some kind of hidden 6.31GB unnamed partition (guess this is the lenovo recovery partition).

But checking with WinStatDir on C there are only 25GB, but the disk is full.

I have switched off Windows SystemREcovery, but Win Vista Shadowcopies are still enabled. But the space used for both should be found by WinStatDir.

I suspected the Lenovo Rescue and Recovery, but running this tells me that I don't have any recovery points on my system. Same as for the windows recovery i have disabled it in the beginning, as I do use another tool for my backups.

The WinSXS is quite large and uses moste of the 25GB on C, but this is seen by WinDirStat too.

Any other idea what could eat up my disk space ?

regards

Hermann

802.11n
TheDude

Re: 90 GB Hard Disk on T61 full, but only 25GB of files on it

I was going to say recovery points, but appears you have yhat taken care of.  What is use of each volume (i.e. do you have a C:, S:, and Q:?)

Run the disk cleanup under the System Properties. There is an option under it someplace to cleaup recovery points, go ahead and try that too - even if you have recovery turned off.

T61p, T400
formerly x23, x40
Paper Tape
brownybrumm

[ Edited ]

Hallo Hermann,

vielleicht hast du noch alte Sicherungen, die automatisch ausgeführt wurden. Versuche diese  zu löschen und zwar die Jüngste zuerst. Bei mir liesen sich alte Sicherungen nicht direkt  löschen.

Vielleicht hilft's.

Grüße aus Unterfranken

brownybrumm

Ctrl-Alt-Del
ruckb

HI,

@theDude:

I tried the systemcleanup, but when clicking on "delete all recoverypoints" nothing happens. what fits to the message of the recovery manager that there are no recovery points on this computer.

@brownybrumm:

Ist mein englisch so schlecht, dass man gleich sieht wo ich herkomme ?   ;-)

Bei mir sagen alle Tools (RnR sowie die Datenträgerwiederherstellung), dass es keine gäbe, und wenn ich hier keine sehe kann ich auch keine löschen  :-(

BTW: I tried a checkdisk too, but also no effect.

Grüße aus Niederbayern,

regards from Bavaria

Hermann

Paper Tape
brownybrumm

Hi Herman,

I am sorry that I cann't help you. Your English is like mine, I hope it's not so bad. If you look at the left side of your post, you see "Location Germany" so I knew a little bit, where you come from.

Regrads from Niederwerrn, Bavaria, Frankonia

brownybrumm

Ctrl-Alt-Del
ruckb

Hi,

I found my problem ...

The offline files have been classified in the WinDirStat as "Unknown",  but needs to be switched on separatly to be shown.

I do have also some trouble on the offline files, but currently I disabled this function, deleted all offline files and changed the limits for offline files. Now I got 69% free of my HDD.

Thanks to everyone who responded (especially to my neighbour in Frankonia).

Hermann