Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
aranya

Re: Access IBM software

YES,  please, for my T42 too ...
Fanfold Paper
devonrose742

I have access IBM installed, it came with my intellistation. When I run it, it works fine, except IBM is not posting any new messages (I doubt they ever will).

If the problem still persists, I might be able to help as well... although, access IBM isn't really needed, and I believe lenovo controls it now.

My intellistation also came with a lotus notes disc and loads of other IBM software. Need any of that and I might be able to help.
IBM Thinkpad T60p: 2007-84U
IBM IntelliStation M Pro: 6225-1SU
andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 631

If you still have a factory installation, the original Access IBM can be found in C:\IBMTOOLS\APPS\access

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

802.11n
icantux

[ Edited ]
Right,

The Access IBM software that I had for my T42 is version "Access IBM 4.51a 1RTH52US"

download from RapidShare --->  here  (total file size: 23332 KB) (self-extracting .exe - scanned with Kaspersky)

download from MediaFire ----> here (zipped format - any unzipper will do - scanned with Kaspersky)

Hope this helps you guys.

Steve

Message Edited by icantux on 04-28-2008 11:58 AM
Fanfold Paper
joezag

Well, several of you tried very hard to help me out.

PLEASE ACCEPT MY THANKS!!!

I installed each of the solutions you and the moderator sent to me. None helped... I continued to work on the computer.

This morning, I was looking for material in the machine and...

Lo & Behold, I found a file that either I or the software downloaded to me back on 12/21/2004. I never noticed nor remembered it. I opened it and EUREKA, it updated the Access IBM software and the program now works completely!

I found it in my folder named DownloadDirector. The file name is "accesssupportfp2.exe"

It is a patch issued either by IBM or Lenovo.

So I pass this on to you and the other people who were frustrated during the April, 2008 discussions.

Joezag

andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 631

Congratulations on solving it :smileyvery-happy: and thanks for coming back and updating.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Fanfold Paper
joezag

Dear Aranya,

I found the answer... Actually there is one more recent file. It is  accesssupportfp3.exe.

Good luck...

joezag

I installed each of the solutions you and the moderator sent to me. None helped... I continued to work on the computer.

Lo & Behold, I found a file that either I or the software downloaded to me back on 12/21/2004. I never noticed nor remembered it. I opened it and EUREKA, it updated the Access IBM software and the program now works completely!

I found it in my folder named DownloadDirector. The file name is "accesssupportfp2.exe"

So I pass this on to you and the other people who were frustrated during the April, 2008 discussions.

Joezag

Fanfold Paper
joezag

Dear Lokesh,

I found the answer... Actually there is one more recent file. It is  accesssupportfp3.exe.

Good luck...

joezag

Joezag

Paper Tape
aranya

thank you most kindly; this is indeed a stroke of luck., making may folks happy.  I shall give it a try... 
What's DOS?
pfweller

Is there a way to run accesssupportfp3.exe with any switches?  I need to update over 100 machines and would like it to not require any interaction.

Thanks.