Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
stevehorn

Advanced Docking Station Issue

Hello all,
I have a T60P with advanced docking station. Ever since installing Vista SP1, I have this issue: When the laptop is in sleep/standby mode and dock it, then push the power button on the docking station to wake it back up - I get a blue screen of death with these details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

Anyone know what is causing this, and if there are any solutions? I called Lenovo to open a trouble ticket and the guy on the phone said the best thing he could suggest is rolling back SP1 to vanilla Vista.

Thanks!
binaryspiral

Re: Advanced Docking Station Issue

[ Edited ]
I'd have to agree with Lenovo support.

I'm running with a T61p and Advanced Dock and had nothing but problems after updating to SP1. Random lockups, freezes, won't sleep or hibernate, etc.

Microsoft SP1 support is free so I gave them a jingle. They wouldn't admit they've been busy... but the tech hinted that they've seen a lot of lenovo thinkpad drivers that need some refreshing for SP1.

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot of updates in the next month or so and most likely including a bios firmware update. Hopefully before SP1 is pushed out via Windows Update.

I finally uninstalled the service pack. It's actually quite painless and much faster than the install went. I was worried SP1 would leave my system "gunked up" with SP1 leftovers, but my system is as stable as it was before I upgraded.

Message Edited by binaryspiral on 04-07-2008 10:45 AM
T400 - 2.53Ghz CoreDuo - 4GB Ram - 200GB 7.2kRPM Encrypted HDD - LED Backlit Screen, Web Cam.
Paper Tape
stevehorn

Thanks for your reply.  It's good to know I'm not the only one with SP1 issues. 

If you find out anything more, please let me know by updating this post! 

Thanks again!
Paper Tape
stevehorn

Thinking about this more...is there a place where I can log an issue with my machine as a "bug" so I can track the progress of it being fixed?  I can roll back SP1 and wait for Lenovo to update drivers, etc. but ideally I would like to be notified that the problem has been rectifed.  Any thoughts?

Thanks