Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
doross4u

Audio and video capture

Hi! :smileywink:

I have a ThinkPad T42p laptop computer with Machine Type 2373HSG and Serial Number 99K8TAZ. My operating

system is Windows XP Professional SP3.

I need you help with the following two questions:

Question 1: How can I record in order to save in a file a vocal Internet communication, like, for

instance, an Internet telephony conversation, using programs like X-Lite or NetPhone CommCentre, or an

Instant Messaging conversation, using Windows Live Messenger or an equivalent web-based Instant Messaging

interface? The only utility I know, in this respect, is Pamela Call Recorder but it can only record voice

conversations through Skype. Unfortunately, it cannot work with any other such program.

Question 2: How can I record in a video file an Internet audio and video communication, like an online

presentation or teleconference with video and voice conversation or a video call, using, for example, a

program like Windows Live Messenger or an equivalent web-based video call interface?

In a nut shell, how can I capture in an audio or video file for future reference my computer's incoming

and outgoing audio and video signals?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

Re: Audio and video capture

http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html

1. this is software that allows you to record the audio stream, but there is a cheaper way of getting a male to male 3.5 mm audio cable and route the headphone output to the line in input on your laptop. But you will lose the sound and mic in feature so that is not going to feasible.

So alternatively you get an external usb or pcmcia sound card, which has multiple audio out and line in plugs, which may work.

2. I am not sure if there is a software, i know you can record streams from flash by using the realplayer record feature. If you use Yawcam (a free webcam software that is used for streaming), this feature is also plausible, but usually the file size are quite large.  

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Punch Card
doross4u

Dear lead_org,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yawcam is a freeware webcam recorder and as far as I know, a webcam recorder is piece of software that is capable of recording only the picture of a webcam connected to the system as well as the picture received from a camera through a network. To my best knowledge, it is neither capable of recording the system's outgoing and incoming sound nor the simultaneous screen picture of an online presentation or teleconference, something which is also fervently needed.

What is your comment and advice on this problem? Is there a piece of software or some other way that can provide a solution?

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

these softwares is not something that i use, the alternative method of recording this, is to actually stream the video out through the vga under clone mode, then use an external digital video recorder to record down the video, and the audio would come from the headphone jack.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
WWAN
mixz1

[ Edited ]

Do a Google for "MetaProducts Flash & Media Capture".

From the Help File: Flash & Media Capture is a Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista application that helps you collect images, video and Flash animations from Web pages while browsing Internet websites. It is fully integrated into Microsoft Internet Explorer. A standalone Flash player is also included. You can view movies after they have been saved. This will address part of your needs, but not all.

Pamela is a good solution for Skype. Go here to examine other IM voice recording solutions: http://www.softcab.com/messenger/index.php

Good luck.

T520 4239-CTO
T61/p 6459-CTO (Gone but not forgotten)
A31/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
A30/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
701C Win 98 Don't ask
Punch Card
doross4u

Hello again!

After an extensive and meticulous search over the Internet, I think I have found out what I have been looking for.

As far as I can see, the applications on the following web page provide the answer to my query:

http://screencam.software.informer.com/downloads

They are top downloads among an available number of 3000 screencam video applications and I have distinguished as the very best as well as the most complete and rich with features, first of all and on top of all the others, the Balesio AllCapture, http://www.allcapture.com and second, the CamStudio http://www.camstudio.com a very good and essentially all inclusive, freeware application for those who would rather save on it and have the job very well done.

Please take a look at them all and I hope you will absolutely agree that they are exactly what I had been trying to find for my Instant Messaging audio and webcam video as well as online conference recording needs for so much time now.

A reply and a comment would be appreciated.

What's DOS?
WardXmodem

My ThinkPad T41 has a wonderful audio driver which includes an INPUT called "Wave Out Mix" which meant I could open a recording application (I like GoldWave) for ANY outgoing sound, i.e. web conferences (VOIP), internet radio stations, etc.

Was this unique to the hardware in the T41 or might a similar driver be available such as for T400, W520, etc?
goretsky
Topics: 19
Kudos: 359
Solutions: 143

Hello,

Supposedly it can be down with a program called Virtual Audio Cable, however, I have not tried it myself so do not know how well it works.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
S230u (3347-4HU)X220 (4286-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)T61p (6459-CTO)T43p (2678-H7U)T42 (2378-R4U)T23 (2648-LU7)
de.gif  Deutsche Community es.gif  Comunidad en Español ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Ctrl-Alt-Del
vmars316

Hello & Thanks ,

I found two really good freewares :

oCam and BB-Flash-Express .

I highly recommend both .

..Vernon

Token Ring
rosebank

I personally use cam studio and find it very good, no problems at all although the recorded files can tend to be on the large side...

Cheers Paul :-)
T61,T9300,4gb,SSD,DVDRW,3G,Sata2,14.1-(4:3),IntelX3100,x2usb3 express,Win8.1