Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
darkfate

BIOS Password

[ Edited ]

Hello, First: (I have wrote down all the passwords i set) (I am the owner and have the bill) i have set some BIOS passwords. Now i have following problems My Supervisor bios password seem dont to wwork anymore. If i enter the password it does not work. If i let the password clear and press enter it says ok but i cannot change anything? Any idea what i could do?

Its a T61p 6457-7XG

Thinkpad T61p (6457-7XG)
Fanfold Paper
darkfate

Re: BIOS Password

I found a docoment which describes password symbols:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-59377

On power up i get the hard drive password.

If i press F1 while the hard drive password shows up a

head shows up at the right side of the lock like that one

in the supervisor password.

I know both of these passwords for the hard disk.

(with head and without the head right of the lock)

That seems to be the master and the user passwords.

If i want to enter the bios the "power on password" symbol shows up.

Icannot switch or add a head with F1 like i did it above.

I dont know this password, and cannot remember i have been ever set it.

I am confused in this part because if i hit enter with empty password

it accepts with a big OK and enters the bios but i still cannot change anything..

what i am doing wrong

please help

Thinkpad T61p (6457-7XG)
andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

it would be appreciated if you could please update your profile with your correct country location as per the forum rules.

Press F1 at boot before the HD password prompt appears, enter your SV password and all should work just dandy.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Fanfold Paper
darkfate

i  updated my location. i cannot understand why this is so interesting. you have my ip, you can track my ip to my country...

When i press F1

i have to enter the "power on password symbol" can be visited:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-59377

I does not accept any passwords i ever set. The only one which would be accepted is an empty password.
But this empty password does not allow to change anything.

Thinkpad T61p (6457-7XG)
andyP

Thankyou.

Does your SV password contain any characters other than normal letters and numbers? If so, try entering it without these.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Fanfold Paper
darkfate

I cannot remember to set any supervisor password. if i try a special character then it beeps.

Why i can enter the BIOS with empty password?

Security Settings-> Password shows following:

Using Passphrase: enabled

Supervisor Password: enabled

Set Minimum Length: 10

BIOS password at unattended boot: enabled

Power-On Password: disabled

Hard Disk1 Password: User+Master

Password Reset Service: disabled

Thinkpad T61p (6457-7XG)
andyP

You can enter BIOS without a password and view the settings; that's normal, but you will not be able to make any changes.

As the supervisor password is enabled you will need to enter it in order to be able to change settings in BIOS.

You need to remember / enter the correct SV password.

Andy  

PepperonI blog