Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
JLBeamish

Bluetooth Mouse doesn't connect

T61, Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse.

In spite of everything I've done, I don't get any response on the machine to the movement of the mouse.

I've turned on the Bluetooth broadcast (I can see the little light turned on next to the little light for wifi which is also turned on).

At some point, something happened because I got the usual popups about new hardware found but this was almost certainly the activation of Bluetooth.

There is a button on the bottom of the mouse to turn it on. I turned it on. There is another button on the bottom of the mouse to make the mouse discoverable. I pressed it (and, as expected, the light on the top of the mouse started flashing).

If I go in to Control Panel and select Bluetooth devices, I get the popup and in the tab "Dianostics", it says it's active and working properly.

Suggestions and guidance much appreciated. Thanks.
Serial Port
JLBeamish

Re: Bluetooth Mouse doesn't connect

Solved my problem!

After doing everything I had already done, I had NOT opened "My Bluetooth Places". One option there was "Find Bluetooth Devices". Double-click and ... we have lift off!
Serial Port
JLBeamish

Same problem. I turned the computer off. Came back to it later and the bluetooth connection could not be established.

The Bluetooth light is lit; in My Bluetooth Neighbourhood (under Entire Neighbourhood) the mouse is there. One odd thing (which sorta makes sense): when I doubleclick on the mouse item in Bluetooth, the status display shows the signal strength bar is completely white.

I've turned the mouse on/off, I've held down the mouse switch so that that it can be discovered by the computer.

One other thing, it wasn't found right from the start of the computer power on process. At the login screen, I had to use the trackpoint to move the pointer around the screen.

As always, suggestions, hints, tips and solutions will be appreciated.
Serial Port
JLBeamish

Solved my problem! (At least, I think I have.) Start up the computer; login; turn on mouse; set mouse into 'discover me' mode; doubleclick on My Bluetooth Places; doubleclick on Find; doubleclick on the Mouse; answer a prompt and everything works. Or, at least, if my memory is correct then that's the sequence I followed a few moments ago when starting up.