Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
KGSchlegel
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth Software Issue

So I did a bit of poking around and couldn't find anyone else having this problem (or at least nobody else saying anything about the problem) and figured I would see if anybody would be able to possibly assist me.

Recently I've noticed that when I restart my laptop (T61p running Windows Vista) I get an error message upon logging in that states: "You cannot install an older version of Bluetooth Software over a newer version of Bluetooth Software. [-349]"

I'm not entirely sure when this started happening (as I don't often restart my computer unless I'm required to - I usually hibernate or put my computer to sleep so that I can easily get back to work the next morning.  I can definitely say it was sometime within the past month, however, and I see that Lenovo update tried to install Bluetooth Software Version II on July 2nd; Update Manager reports that the package was successfully installed. Update Manager also shows no deferred installations.

My thinkpad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate is running driver 6.1.0.4500 and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator is running Driver 6.0.6001.18064.  Looking on the Lenovo website I noticed a Lenovo Bluetooth Driver 6.1.0.4700, but it looked as though there might be some sort of compatibility problem with T61p systems...

Is anyone else out there having the same sort of issue?  This doesn't seem to be affecting my system's performance at all (I can still sync devices via Bluetooth without any alarming issues) but it is an annoyance to have to deal with pop-ups upon system restarts and I'd like to get rid of it  Thanks for any help you could provide!

Token Ring
Jimm98y

Re: Bluetooth Software Issue

Hi, I have the same problem here. I just reinstalled my Windows Vista from recovery media and after installation of all actualizations this message appears after startup. Does anybody know how to get rid of it?
Lenovo ThinkPad W520 15.6" 1920x1080, UEFI 1.42, Intel Core i7-2820QM 2.3GHz, Intel HD3000 + nVidia Quadro 2000M 2GB, Kingston PNP 16GB (4x4GB) 1600MHz RAM, Crucial m4 040H 256GB SSD, Lenovo TP Drive Adapter UltraBay 12,7mm + WD Blue 1TB 5400rpm HDD, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN, Gobi 3000, Lenovo TP Port Mini Dock Plus Series 3, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
billbolton
Topics: 69
Kudos: 205
Solutions: 105

KGSchlegel wrote:

My thinkpad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate is running driver 6.1.0.4500 and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator is running Driver 6.0.6001.18064.  Looking on the Lenovo website I noticed a Lenovo Bluetooth Driver 6.1.0.4700, but it looked as though there might be some sort of compatibility problem with T61p systems...

I suggest that you manually download and install the 6.1.0.4700 driver (7vbv03ww.exe) from the Lenovo web site

I have it installed on a T61 without any problems.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
What's DOS?
spankeys

Bill,

With all due respect,

I have the same exact problem, and the notice states that there is a more recent version of bluetooth software installed.  I tried your fix, and the installation software actually prevents me from installing the older version you (and the machine, apparently) are telling us to install.

Catch-22.  We can't win.  Perhaps the ThinkVantage upgrade software isn't up to date?  I'm guessing that windows update fired, and updated our Bluetooth to something more recent than Lenovo is pushing through ThinkVantage. Perhaps Lenovo could do something about that?  This error is nothing if not persistent.

Mike 

What's DOS?
JMatcho

I had the same "-349" error message on my T61p.  After manually installing Bluetooth Driver 6.1.0.4700 from Lenovo, it's gone and my BT is upgraded:

1) Download the EXE from Lenovo.

2) Run the EXE to install in the C:\DRIVERS\TPWUSB folder.

3) Turn on BT radio (otherwise the device is invisible).

4) Run Setup.EXE in the C:\DRIVERS\TPWUSB folder. 

5) You may have to reboot.

Thanks!

Jon

What's DOS?
jclopex

My bluetooth was working fine with windows Vista, I just installed windows 7 and I can´t get turn on th eBT radio.

now I´m receiving this message: This device cannot start (Code 10)

Does any have the lucky to resolve it?