Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
mbarrera

Can a T61 with Nvidia card support a 32" screen?

Hello community!

I have installed an new external 32" TV as an monitor connected to my lenovo replicator for my T61 in my office.  The image on the 32" screen is not crisp and is fuzzy.  The resolution is set at 1280x800 60htz. I have two question:

1) Can the t61 support the 32" screen crisply?

2) If so, what can be done to make the image on the external screen (monitor) clear and crisp?

3) Is using an 32" LED/LCD TV part of the problem?

4) Is there a difference in crispness between an monitor and a tv when used as a monitor for a computer?

Thanks in advance for your information and assistance! 

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,254
Solutions: 1,343

Re: Can a T61 with Nvidia card support a 32" screen?

1) if you mean as in whether it can output in digital video signal, the answer is yes, but you would need an advanced mini dock, if your TV has DVI input.

2) use digital video connection.

3) No

4) That depends on the resolution of the TV, refresh rate, the quality of the TV LCD panel itself, how far you are using the TV and finally what sort of image you are displaying (i.e. standard text, or moving graphics).
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
mbarrera

Re: Can a T61 with Nvidia card support a 32" screen?

I replaced the VGA cable with a DVI to HDMI cable and this made a huge difference.  Its not as crisp as my current laptop monitor but its much better now!  The nvidia software has advanced and custom settings and I wondered if setting adjustments could improve the picture further?

lead_org : Thanks for answering my two questions!!:smileyembarrassed: