Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
phong

Changing Supervisor Bios Password

I set the Supervisor Password and Power-on Password for my T61, they are different, but after that I cannot enter bios with using the Supervisor Password. I am sure that I remember exactly the Supervisor Password because I type it correctly when using the BiosSettingsWindows.exe tool to capture the bios settings.

Now I would like to upgrade bios but I cannot disable the Supervisor Password.

Please advise me how to do that. I am very appreciated.

Phong.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 84
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 125

Re: Changing Supervisor Bios Password

Hi phong,

Welcome to the board!

Btw, did you enter the Power-on Password prior to supervisor password prompt? Is the password 7 characters?

- Cleo

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 679
Solutions: 609

Please try the following; press F1 as soon as you see the bios splash screen, before you are required to enter the power on password. When a password is required enter the supervisor password.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
phong

Dear Cleo and Andy,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I did as you said but the x character appear when I enter the supervisor password but that password is accepted when I use with the BiosSettingsWindows.exe tool. What can I do more?

Best regards,

Phong.

Blue Screen Again
gosen211

Of course u saw x character appeared because the password is encrypted! Refer to biosSettingsWindows.exe manuals?

-->T60 XP SP3, 1.5GB RAM