Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
rec630

Does the T61 also have a built-in modem?

I am considering a purchase of a T61.  My internet access will be primarily through  DSL or other high speed access; however, I do travel in areas  where that won't always be readily available.  I've seen the older T4x series that had a built in modem and wondered if the T61 still did.  A message/web search  makes me think so, but wanted to know for sure, so thought I would ask.   Thanks for the help.
Punch Card
smalltownguy

Re: Does the T61 also have a built-in modem?

Yes, I believe all have one. My T61 came with a modem and I did not explicitly order one, and I assume all variations of the T61 do.
community supermod
erik

yes, it does.   the only thinkpad produced recently which doesn't have a built-in modem is the X300.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Punch Card
dog_birdie

Hello. I've been reading the forums for a few weeks now. I'm thinking of buying a new laptop. I'm still not sure what to buy. The one I'm using right now is a T20 ThinkPad. I'm very happy with its performance but I think I need an upgrade. I have to admit I'm having second thoughts in getting another ThinkPad with all the negative posts I'm reading. Anyway... I just have a question. Does the T60 or T61 have a built in microphone. My old T20 has one. I wish they have a page or screen that you can see a sample picture of the Thinkpad that can be viewed from all angles. I also hope that they would give a detailed description of what the T61 or T60 has. By the way...to answer your question, I think the T61 has a built-in modem. Thanks
community supermod
erik

yes, all the current models have microphones.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Punch Card
mhilinski

Now a days all of the ibm thinkpads from lenovo, They do come with built in modems

rec630 wrote:
I am considering a purchase of a T61.  My internet access will be primarily through  DSL or other high speed access; however, I do travel in areas  where that won't always be readily available.  I've seen the older T4x series that had a built in modem and wondered if the T61 still did.  A message/web search  makes me think so, but wanted to know for sure, so thought I would ask.   Thanks for the help.

Matthew C Hilinski Lenovo c200 out of warrenty
ubuntu 9.0