Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
tedzimm

Fingerprint password causes freezing?

My Thinkpad T61 is only a month old, and it has frozen dozens of times in this month.  This happens (or happened) at any time, when I was doing anything at all, like browzing web pages or working on a Word document or whatever.  I believe I have found the reason, and that is the password manager, and especially the fingerprint reader.  Since I have by-passed (and tried to disable) the password function, my computer has not frozen one time!  That is wonderful. Could that really be the problem and its solution?  If so, I wonder why?  I really don't need password protection, since I do not work in a normal office or business environment, so I'm glad not to have it working, but still it is frustrating to know (or think I know) that an expensive, flashy piece of equipment on my computer (or the software that runs it) is causing such problems.  Has anyone else had this problem?  How do I completely turn off password protection and computer locking so I don't have to worry about the problem any more?
Bit Torrent
wjli2

Re: Fingerprint password causes freezing?

How much ram have you installed in your laptop??? Vista or XP??? also have you done a reinstall of your computer's os by restoring to factory setting???
What's DOS?
tedzimm

Sorry!  I have Windows Vista Business, 2 Gigs ram, and I have not yet backed up anything because I have been spending so much time trying to figure out why it was freezing.  Since it has stopped freezing now (several days of frequent use without freezing again), without my having to use the finger-print password stuff, I think that was the problem.  Do I need to re-install and stuff?  I am not in any way comfortable with computer-eze and purchased a new computer to not have to do that.  If it is important I may take it back to the store where I bought it and ask them to do some of that.  Thanks very much for the response.

Tedzimm

Bit Torrent
wjli2

Vista has some nagging problem with some Lenovo thinkvantage softwares...