Support in other languages: 
zx
Punch Card
zx

Re: Fn+F5, Fn+F7 Combinations Not Working

lakr, I believe the only way to fix this is to re-install Hotkey features when the problem surface. Lenovo have yet to come up with a fix for this, so we'll have to be patient. You can find the Hotkey features link in the solution of this thread.
Paper Tape
lakr

Thanks. 

Just to be clear, I did try reinstalling the latest presentation director, access connections, video driver, hotkey feature driver (2.07.1003), and nothing worked.  The older hotkey driver that I found on the internet (2.06.xxxx) fixed the Fn + F5 (wireless) problem, but Fn + F7 still does not work.  So I was wondering if 2.07.1001 version, if I can find it, might fix all the problems.
Token Ring
BMGRAHAM

[ Edited ]
The driver that worked for me was at

http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/239518/ibm-thinkpad-hotkey-driver-2.06.0708-windows-2000-xp-vista-...

It would however be nice if we could get it from the official Lenovo site.

Message Edited by BMGRAHAM on 05-19-2008 01:50 PM
Paper Tape
lakr

BMGRAHAM,  thanks very much!  The driver you sent the link for worked for me like magic, and now all my Fn combinations work.
Token Ring
BMGRAHAM

Thanks.  As I said in an earlier post, clearly the driver matrix on the Lenovo site gives the right version of this driver, which is the one that I found and we both downloaded, but when you click on the link in the driver matrix, it takes you to a version of the driver that is INCOMPATIBLE with the T61.  Also clearly nobody from Lenovo is reading this, since this issue still hasn't been fixed and loads of users like you and me, with much better things to do with our time, have wasted hours trying to get an incompatible, incorrect version of this driver to work, when it could never work.
Token Ring
BMGRAHAM

It seems like the newest driver fixes these issues, i.e. if you install the new recommended driver for TPHOTKEY, the Fn keys now work as they should.
Fanfold Paper
rovor

[ Edited ]
BMGRAHAM, Thanks for your suggestion.

I do a fresh install of XP SP3 on my T60p. All drivers and applications downloaded from Lenovo site are newest, include the HOTKEY driver 2.07.1005 (7TVU14WW). But FnF2, FnF3 and FnF8 do not work at all. FnF5 can bring out the wireless menu without location profile. It is very strange. When I run "acfnf5.exe" from command line, the location profile panel appears in the OSD menu.

I install the HOTKEY driver 2.06.0708 (7KVU22WW), and all Fn keys work well now.

Message Edited by rovor on 06-18-2008 10:06 PM
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Singtoh

Cheers, Mine wasn't working for some time now, but I don't think of theses thins as a major issue, but I downloaded the driver from the lenove site you reccommended and my key are working nicely!! Thank you very much for the info!!1

Cheers,

Singtoh
7663-A22,T61 14.1 Wide,T7300 2.0gig processor, 4 gig RAM, 500gig Seagate Hybrid HDD, 200gig Ultra Bay HDD, Ubuntu 64 Bit.
Paper Tape
piotr

thanks a lot for a tip. i've been looking for some kind of solution all the last week... it's already second time - a problem with the hotkeys after the update.

now it's working great. just thinking to make a backup before the next one :smileyhappy: 

thanks a lot once more...

Punch Card
Troels

BMGRAHAM,

I'm so glad I found your posts!

For the last four hours i have tried to solve a problem i had with the thinkvantage system update.. no matter what update i installed, it never registered that this update was infact installed - so it kept giving me the same things to update.

So I decided to just cut it, and uninstall everything Lenovo related on my t60p.

MUCH trouble later, and Client Security Suite not working at all - It was given the boot. It generates exactly this problem: http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?p=379674&sid=3e852b4dd09eda53cacbf69102d8765f

Which is quite unfortunate considering all Lenovo related software was uninstalled - but traces might still be left in the registry.

So i of course installed the latest hotkey driver too, and no matter what nothing except FN+F3, FN+F5 wanted to appear on-screen.

The driver version you suggested on the other hand works perfectly.

Lenovo really need to look into this. I have always thought the ThinkVantage utilities and Thinkpad utilities were quite a hassle to get to work right, it even started with the FN+F5 problems during the IBM days. When it works, the utilities are extremely nice and feels very fast to use, but there are just too many bugs and pitfalls for some odd reason when installing. I realise it is hard to support common software packages for the number of different Thinkpads that they do - but... :smileysad: