Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
dareys
Accepted Solution

Generating the "@" ascii character with an ATL sequence on a T60p laptop?

Greetings,

I have a Lenovo T60p laptop. How do I emulate a full 102 key keyboard when it comes to composing sequences like ATL-64 to generate the "@" ascii character. I read through the documentation and did not find it.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre

Guru
Mornsgrans

Betreff: Generating the "@" ascii character with an ATL sequence on a T60p laptop?

Turn NumLock on (Fn-ScrLk - Key)

Input <Alt>-<m><o>u>   (these are with activated NumLck Alt - 0 - 6 - 4)

Do not use the numeric keys below the F1-F12-keys

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Token Ring
dareys

Betreff: Generating the "@" ascii character with an ATL sequence on a T60p laptop?

Greetings,

Thank you for the reply. Please, let me remind you I do not have a 102 key keyboard. Just the standard, compressed, ThinkPad T60p keyboard.

I tried:

Step 1: Turn NumLock on (Fn-ScrLk - Key) 

Then:

Step 2: Input <Alt>-<m><o>u>   (these are with activated NumLck Alt - 0 - 6 - 4)

... I am confused... What keystroke sequence do you enter after step 1.? <Alt>-<0><6><4> ?

Why do I have to add the leading 0? And I only have the 1-0 sequence of digits under the F1-F12

keys... How do I avoid using them? Sorry, I am not clear as to how to proceed. Please elaborate.

Thank you.

Jean-Pierre

Token Ring
dareys

[ Edited ]

Please copy me on any response at ******@yahoo.com

Moderator note: email removed to keep away from the spambots.

Guru
Mornsgrans

After activating NumLock the red marked area is the num keypad and the chars and digits in the lower right corner of the key's surface is activated.

So the key "M" is a "0" now.

The leading zero while typing in the ASCII-code of the "@" is needed by windows - so you must ask Microsoft but not me :smileywink:

numlck-keys.jpg

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Token Ring
dareys

Thank you for the follow up response. I understand now. Thank you very much. Jean-Pierre

Token Ring
dareys

Hi! Thank you for the information. Perfectly clear. However, it does not work at all.

I checked the picture. I activate Fn+ScrLk. If I try the "P" key, I get a "*" as expected.

Then, I try Alt+0+6+4 (really Alt+m+o+u) or Alt+6+4 (really Alt+o+u) and nothing.

Can you please help?

Mornsgrans wrote:

After activating NumLock the red marked area is the num keypad and the chars and digits in the lower right corner of the key's surface is activated.

So the key "M" is a "0" now.

The leading zero while typing in the ASCII-code of the "@" is needed by windows - so you must ask Microsoft but not me :smileywink:

numlck-keys.jpg

goretsky
Topics: 18
Kudos: 326
Solutions: 119

Hello,

Just to verify, I think you need to hold down the Alt key, type 0 6 4 on the keyboard, and release the Alt key.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
S230u (3347-4HU)X220 (4286-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)T61p (6459-CTO)T43p (2678-H7U)T42 (2378-R4U)T23 (2648-LU7)
de.gif  Deutsche Community es.gif  Comunidad en Español
Token Ring
dareys

Aryeh,

On a normal keyboard, yes.

Not on the T60p keyboard. Take a close look at the picture in the thread. The keyboard doesn´t have numeric keypad. It does not have the "standard" 102 keys of the typical American keyboard in order to save space because it is laptop.

So, some keys serve double or tripple duty. In this case, when you look at the picture.

In this case, for example, the "o" key can be a "6" and the "u" key can be a "4", when you have pressed Fn+ScrollLock, and then hold the ALT+o+u. You are not supposed to use the number keys on the top of the keyboard. That´s the theory. It doesn´t work for me though. 

Hence my request for additional help.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre

Guru
hausman

Other approaches that may be less tedious include:

1. sites like http://notengoenie.com/

2. free software like: http://vulpeculox.net/ax/

3. Windows applet Character Map ( c:\Windows\System32\charmap.exe )