Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
rrtdj

Re: Genuine battery notification on T61

Actually I have Thinkpad T500, and running Windows 7.

Maybe this is a different version of Lenovo gauge?

This one displays a splash upon a double click: Power Manager version 3.05

Paper Tape
rrtdj

[ Edited ]

OK, here is an update for a version 3.25. They have changed a few things.

PWMTR64V.DLL (64-bit version):

Locate:

74 0B 8D 7A 08 45 33 C0

Replace with:

EB 0B 8D 7A 08 45 33 C0

PWMTR32V.DLL (32-bit version):

Locate:

74 0A BD 09 00 00 00

Replace with:

EB 0A BD 09 00 00 00

Version 3.61 patch:

64-bit version, PWMTR64V.DLL
Bytes:
BA 01 00 00 00 85 C0 74
Replace the 74 byte to EB, so that the sequence looks like:
BA 01 00 00 00 85 C0 EB

32-bit version, PWMTR32V.DLL
Bytes:
85 C0 74 0A BD 09 00 00 00
Replace the 74 byte to EB, so that the sequence looks like:
85 C0 EB 0A BD 09 00 00 00

What's DOS?
eb2115

Thank you rrtdj.  I see now this T500 is running XP, and the highest version of Power Manager available for XP is 1.85.  I have downloaded it and found the files PWRMGRIF.DLL and PWRMGRTR.DLL.  I've checked all three strings you've posted and none of the DLL's seem to contain them.  I imagine version 1.85 is very different from 3.05/3.25, but if you happen to have info on those, I would greatly appreciate it!  The T500 has two Intel Duo 64-bit processors, and is running XP Pro 2002 version.   However the Power Manager for XP does not appear to have a 64-bit optimized version.

Fanfold Paper
wiredout46

my battery won't charge above 17%, and from what I can infer, it's because it's not an overpriced lenovo-made/authorized battery. 

i've also run into this restrictive type message when i tried adding a mini pci-e device on the motherboard of the laptop and it wouldn't let me boot. 

so my question is: is there some kind of restriction put on lenovo laptops from using 3rd party vendors? 

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,308
Solutions: 283

wiredout46,

Has your OEM battery ever charged beyond 17%?  Trying removing it from the system along with the AC, press and hold the power button a several times for several seconds each time and restart.

I saw an X60 with a brand new Lenovo battery get stuck and saw it reset this way and begin charging.  Might or might not work to unstick it.

What happens if you just plug it in with the system off?  Will it charge over night?  What happens if you run the battery reset through PM, or does it not work?  Just wondering if it's power management, or the onboard chip on the battery that is telling the system to stop charging.

As a customer advocate, I'm torn on this.  Should we lock out non-Lenovo batteries?  

There seem to be a number of Pros and Cons here:

Obviously there can be a perception that we are just trying to protect Lenovo battery sales if we lock out non-Lenovo batteries.    On the other hand, not all OEM batteries have a protection circuit, and if they do, it may not have the parameters that meet Lenovo's safety guidelines. 

If you use a non-Lenovo battery and have a thermal event (battery melt), who is responsible?   If run time is reduced, or the system reacts abnormally, who do you call?  So, I can understand our engineering communities perspective that the more aspects of the system that can be accounted for, the more predictable the results will be.  

Just the same, when you can buy a battery for less, I understand the customer point of view as well.

Hard to comment on the pci-e device... was it a communication device of some kind?   There may be a whitelist and other devices could be locked out as not having been FCC qualified (we didn't submit that particular configuration for FCC testing).

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,234
Solutions: 1,323

if people uses non-OEM battery then they should accept the responsibility for damages and injuries caused by these generic batteries. But permanently locking people out is not a good idea for several reasons, as Lenovo won't be producing these batteries forever, and most thinkpad can be used for 7 years +, in these cases many people would have to rely on generic batteries to fulfill their needs. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
Zozosoft

Can you update yor patch for v6.07?

SCSI Port
boniholmes

Hi Lenovo-istst of the world,

I am about to replcace my original battery in my T60. It is at least 4 years old, so I think it is not bad from a battery. Now it hold the charge for approx. 45-50 minutes. It charges very quikcly, actually too quickly I think. My only concern is that a new 9 cell genuine battery costs almost as much as my T60 would nowadays...

T410 2522-AT6 + Linux RHEL 6.3, T510 4249-3BG + Win 7 Pro