Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Melittlebee

Have problems run Windows XP

Hi All Tech Experts,

Please help me out!!! I have a Thinkpad T60 laptop. I downloaded the free firewall Comodo software, and I installed that thing last night. After I rebooted my laptop, it says "checking embedded security chips status". It takes forever and never gets to run Windows XP. Then I went to Rescue and Backup to get back to my last backup date. After reboot again, it says "WINDOWS\AppPatch\drumain.sdb missing or corrupt. Need original Windows setup cd-rom". I lost my Windows setup cd that came with this machine. Please advise how to fix this problem.

Thank you!!!!

-Melittlebee

Paper Tape
Steve_D

Re: Have problems run Windows XP

I experienced the same with my T60. I too downloaded the free firewall Comodo software, and installed it. After I rebooted my laptop, it says "checking embedded security chips status". It takes forever and never gets to run Windows XP. I tried to work my way around the issue by pressing F1 during start-up and disabeling the chip. Didn't work out. Still says "checking embedded security chips status" forever. Any idea to fix this?
Retired Moderator
JHEM

Have you checked with Comodo?

Regards,

James
rec630

[ Edited ]
I've got a T61 w/ XP and am running the Comodo free firewall v3.x  and have no problems (although all of the frequent pop-ups during its learning / configuration phase can be annoying). Perhaps the support forums at the Comodo site can assist.   (edit for typos)
Message Edited by rec630 on 08-24-2008 01:38 PM