Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
RichKotite

How do you remove the system Password from Windows and the client security software.....

Hello to all.
I got my new T-61 last night and configured everything, and it works fine EXCEPT I set it up with a windows password.
After awhile, I decided I did not want the system password on startup so I removed it from Windows. When I re-booted
the client security prompted me to enter the password. I don't know how to fix this, does anyone know.
Thanks...
Fanfold Paper
Yajiv

Re: How do you remove the system Password from Windows and the client security software.....

Dear Mr Rich,

I have few question for you:

1. Did you activate the client security?
2. Did you associate your client security login with the windows login?
3. Did you enroll finger print setting for client security? - This is alternative solution for you to login using your finger print*
4. Did you tried enter with the previous password? (The one you've deleted?)

I'm afraid that you need to reformat your HDD in order to disable the Client Security password.

*Am not sure about this. Please Advice me if I'm wrong.
Paper Tape
RichKotite

Re: How do you remove the system Password from Windows and the client security software.....

Hi

I believe I activated the client security...
I think I associated my client security login with windows login...I think it happend automatically.
I dont have finger print security

I will live with it before I reformat the HDD....Perhaps I will call Lenovo tech support and see if they can help,
Blue Screen Again
RealBlackStuff

This Lenovo article may have the solution for you.
MS has similar info on Technet.