Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
ricecola

I had a virus take out my operating system. Can/will Lenovo send a restore copy? Contact #?

I picked up a virus a week ago and every attempt to remove resulted in a change to the system which finally ended up with no operating system.  Webroot found it and tried to quarantine but was always unsuccessful.  Webroot reported it was running in memory but even following directions it got worse until I now only have bios left.

I used Think Technology to restore to previous backup, tried in Safe Mode, finally restore to factory setting & ended with nothing now.  Every attempt seemed to further disable my computer.  Through my attempts, I would usually get the blue screen and this seemed to me to be the virus embedding itself deeper and deeper until all was gone.

Any recommendations on help from Lenovo?

Thinking about buying Windows 7, but I don't want to pay full price, upgrade only as I had XP Professional.  However I'm concerned the install wont see it an upgrade wont work.  Maybe my Windows OS code would be enough to allow me to use an upgrade version of Windows 7?

I've never been beat this bad by a virus before and it's frustrating.

Blue Screen Again
ricecola

Re: I had a virus take out my operating system. Can/will Lenovo send a restore copy? Contact #?

BTW - T61 7662-CTO
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,203
Solutions: 1,277

Re: I had a virus take out my operating system. Can/will Lenovo send a restore copy? Contact #?

if you are under warranty, then they may send it to you for free, but if you are out of warranty, then you would have to pay around 50 USD service and handling charge.

http://bplocator.lenovo.com/
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
ricecola

Thanks!

Recovery CD is on its way

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

did you get the pm I sent you

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC