Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
vikar

I'm in a bit of trouble with a 4 year old Lenovo

I'm in a bit of trouble with a 4 year old Lenovo Thinkpad T61 graphic card went to the confusion is something that can be done can anyone help me i love this computer it's  my first one and i will be really happy if i can save it sorry for bad englis.

Bit Torrent
TuuS

Re: I'm in a bit of trouble with a 4 year old Lenovo

Hi, and welcome to the forum :smileyhappy:

Many of us have suffered from nVidia GPU failure. Traditional repair costs are often far greater then the machines current value, but there are less costly alternatives. A new board from Lenovo would cost about $600 (usd), good used ones can be had for much much less. If you'd like my help, either in finding you a board, or just helping with what to look for, let me know. I'll need your model, serial and date codes from the bottom label, but don't post them in the forum, send them in a private message.

The entire procedure of replacing the board can be watched on Lenovo training videos, but if you can remove and replace small screws, and are patient and careful, then anyone should be able to complete the repair themselves.

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 4gb ram...ThinkPad A-31 (1.9ghz P4 1.5gb ram)