Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
InitialDCraze

IBM ThinkPad T43: LCD Outage

The LCD screen on my T43 decided to go out one day without notice. The was no pink or red haze to the screen before it went out so I doubt that it's the backlight that went out. Everything is working fine with the laptop except the screen, so I had to hook it to my TV via VGA. It's a pain to be stuck to a 48" flat screen all day! I also replaced the LCD inverter with a brand new one, to no effect. I'm clueless to what is causing the LCD screen not to function. I've been doing some research on my own, maybe it's a graphic chip issue??? Please give me any suggestions that may help. Thanks you!

ajkula66
Kudos: 757
Solutions: 801

Re: IBM ThinkPad T43: LCD Outage

When you turn the machine on, and point a flashlight at the screen, can you see dim images?

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
Fanfold Paper
InitialDCraze

Re: IBM ThinkPad T43: LCD Outage

I used to be able to see dim images of what's actually on the screen. I just took a look at it and there's a big black mark on the screen now. I'm pretty sure the screen is defected now because it looks like the screen cracked. It's been awhile now since the LCD has been out and I have been careless with it. I guess I'm just gonna buy a whole new LCD for it now. Thanks for the help though!