Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
BMGRAHAM

Insert Password Protected 2nd Disk without Rebooting?

I have a second hard drive that is password protected.  When I boot I am prompted for the disk password if I boot with the disk in there.  If I boot without the disk in there, then when I insert it, it cannot be read - obviously

Is there a way to make the system prompt you for the password when entering the second disk, so you don't have to shut down, switch on and enter the disk password?
andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 714
Solutions: 635

Re: Insert Password Protected 2nd Disk without Rebooting?

Unfortunately not. I have seen one or two utilities which allegedly allow this sort of action, however no reports of anyone having used them successfully. They also come with BIG FAT warnings about own risk, possible data or complete HDD loss.
Stick to the good old boring re-start, it works and it's safe. I have been for over 6 years, you'll get used to it :smileywink:

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog