Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
lucapuccetti

Lcd or inverter to substitute?

I recently bought an used t60. After a rest when the t60 starts up everything seems to be fine but after some minutes, let we say ten minutes, the backlit of lcd does not operates any more and I have to connect an external monitor which operates correctly. If I reboot the lcd illuminates again and everything seems to be ok again but after a while, time which is running shorter at any reboot, the backlit becomes dark again. I wonder if this may be
caused by the inverter or lcd.
Thanks for the attention
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

Re: Lcd or inverter to substitute?

is there a pink hue?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
What's DOS?
lucapuccetti

Thanks for kind reply. No pink hue is visible just the image is still visible but dark. After rebooting everything is fine for few minutes, thereafter the image becomes dark again but still visible if i use an external monitor everything is fine. The time from rebooting till the screen becomes dark shortens at every reboot. If the pc rests for a day the time to the dark screen becomes longer again (5 minutes) and it runs shorter while the notebook operates .
Rrgards
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

it is most likely a LCD issue.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Bit Torrent
TuuS

I agree, this does sound like your backlight is failing. To give you an idea of what to expect to spend on one, in my area I can get a good used screen in the price range of $50-80. New Lenovo parts for these are rare, but if you can find one expect to spend close to $200. There are cheap generic screens that are easy to obtain in the $100-150 price range, but quality vary widely, so I'd recommend getting an original lenovo screen, either used, or new if you can find one.

Good luck.

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 4gb ram...ThinkPad A-31 (1.9ghz P4 1.5gb ram)
Community Moderator
richk

I would try changing the inverter first - cheaper and easier