Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
dradisic

Lenovo ThinkPad T60 - Power On Password problem

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone
A friend bought the above laptop, but has "Power On Password"( Error 0176 - System Security. The system has been tampered with.), on the web-site advise this:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site. ... MIGR-42321

, but I can not even enter the BIOS with "F1" or with "Ctrl" button, did anyone had similar experiences, is there any solution to solved this problem?
Thank you in advance and regards to all Member

andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 631

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T60 - Power On Password problem

[ Edited ]

dradisic, welcome to the forum,

when you turn the system on you will see the BIOS splash screen, at the bottom you will see a message stating; "to interrupt normal.......".  It is at this point you need to press F1 to enter BIOS.  Is this when you are being asked for the password?

Please note; the forum rules forbid discussion on password cracking;

No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc, nor shall any posts provide descriptions to the location of, nor direct links to content related to these topics.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

What's DOS?
imranbajwa

hi i have same problem i trying many way but still not solve.. i have more then 300 laptops Thinkpad T43 and Thinkpad T60 all have bios password problem plz let me know what will i do!

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

without the password theres not much you can do
please see forum rules http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs/Lenovo-Community-Participation-Rules/m-p/1

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC