Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
frinudrina

Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Won't Turn On

[ Edited ]

After I finished working on my laptop I closed the lid, and went to bed. The next day I open it only to find it turned off. Thinking nothing of this I try to Pozycjonowanie turn it on, but instead I get three beeps and a black screen. When I try pressing the button again I get one beep and the screen remains the same. 

My laptop, also mentioned in the title, is a Lenovo ThinkPad T61.

Please help me find a solution.

Thank You,

Bit Torrent
TuuS

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Won't Turn On

The 1 long, 2 short beeps error sounds like a classic case of nVidia failure. This effects units with nVidia graphics built before 08/08, but most failed units date from 08/02 and prior (2008/febuary).

Without a lot more information from you, I can't be sure if you have an effected unit or not, but it's highly probable. If you would like some help fixing it, the first thing I'd need is your full model and serial (send in private message, serials aren't allowed in forum).

Also, just so your aware, "if" you do have a failed nVidia chip, it would require replacing the system board to fix it.

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 4gb ram...ThinkPad A-31 (1.9ghz P4 1.5gb ram)