Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
LSR
Paper Tape
LSR

Lenovo Thinkpad T61 AC adapter

Hi, I am looking for an 42T5008 Lenovo T61 adapter 90W 20V. The one I bought with my Lenovo T61 broke at the base of the jack that plugs into the laptop and the wire is exposed. Can anyone tell me where I can buy this product? The label on the cord lists it as: 42T5008 33/07 EC L02163 on the lower cord.  On the box it is AC Adapter 90W 20V.

I tried all kinds of search parameters on the lenovo website and came up with nothing. The part-detector claims 42T5008 doesn't exist!

Please help!

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 714
Solutions: 635

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T61 AC adapter

LSR, welcome to the forum,

You need the option number 40Y7659, what you've been searching for, 42T5008, is the FRU, (Field Replacement Unit), for the power cord.

Hope this helps

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

LSR
Paper Tape
LSR

Hi Andy, Thanks for your reply. I looked at that adapter already but it is a three pin and mine is a two pin. Will that make a difference?

Thanks,

Lisa

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

wouldn't make a difference, one is grounded one is not. 

Just go on to the Lenovo.com website for usa they sell both the 3 pins and 2 pins one. I prefer the two pins one, as the ac cable is cheaper and easier to find. I have a 3 metres one from a xbox, so it works a treat. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
LSR
Paper Tape
LSR

Thanks for the info. My concern was whether the jack would fit as I notice it's not one size fit all. I went to other forums and noticed that this breakage is a common one with these cables. I don't understand why they break so easily and at the same points on all complaints.  I've had two sony vaio laptops in the past, and the adapters outlived the computers! Sigh.

Thanks again.

Lisa

billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

LSR wrote:

I don't understand why they break so easily

In normal use they don't break easily at all.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
lead_org

they don't break that often, i have two broken one so far out of the 20 Lenovo thinkpads that i have with me. They were mostly caused by me. 

Regards,

Jin Li

LSR
Paper Tape
LSR

Okay. Well it sucks that my one broke with normal use though. My Sony Vaios went thru three users, and  3 years of college with me doing an IT degree, and the adapters stayed intact. My thinkpad sits on my desk at home and broke (came loose?)...go figure.

Only time will tell if the new cable will last. Lenovo Support is the pits though. No one answered my emails nor picked up the phone. Not good for a first time user. But the laptop itself is super.

Thanks again.

Lisa

lead_org

just one incidence doesn't mean very much. Just like if a Merc failed and while a hyundai didn't, does not mean a Merc is of lower quality than a Hyundai. 

Regards,

Jin Li

LSR
Paper Tape
LSR

That's true, although I hope the Merc after sales support is way better. But it's just not one. The similarities are glaring. Check amazon.com for example. Or just google it.