Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Roadrunner7
Accepted Solution

Lost wireless connectivity

I updated the Thinkpad productivity center and then lost ability to connect wireless.  The line is fine tested OK with phones and Ipad.  This has to do with the Lenovo update I installed.   I use XP and when looking for wireless connection it says that it was disconnected and to use another program.  I am mobile and use many different WIFI spots. It looks like it is searching for my home Wifi spot. 

Deleted "Think Access connection" and re programmed the Think pad to use Microsoft  connectivity but no WIF spots are found, which is not correct.  What other Lenovo program might be interfering?  

This laptop was perfect before the Update.  I decided to update because every day the annoying "Copying file that already exists" was present and the update center linked me to the fix,, which now has provided the laptop useless!!!!

Help appreciated.

RR7

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: Lost wireless connectivity

Did you update anything else at the same time?

I've seen something similar on XP ThinkPads after updates..  The fix was to go to device manager an uninstall the wifi (and if necessary wired) NIC driver.  Then hit update driver and let it reinstall.  Or just reboot and let Windows automatically reinstall the driver.

Somehow the linkages between the drives and the network software was broken and the reinstall fixed them.

No guarantees, but worth a shot.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Blue Screen Again
Roadrunner7

Thanks for the respond....  I do not have anything labeled WIFI in devices. I do have IntelPro network connection drivers...  but I am scared to delete that since I will not have a way to connect to the internet to install anything if no connection drivers are installed.

I did  install about 13 recommended items with the ThinkVantage update.  (Again to clear the constant copy file that exists message created by ThinkVantage)

On the list of updates installed is "ThinkPad wireless LAN (11 abgn,abg,bg) 

also the "ThinkVantage Active protection system"

I had "Qwest" (wireless co) rename the Wireless connection and it popped up and was listed using the MS connectivity, as soon as the PSword was entered it again disappeared. ????  Qwest said it was clear the WIFI was available and that it was a Lenovo conflict in the computer then gave me lenovo telephone number.  Of course lenovo said that they could not help since I was out of warrantee...  : (

Blue Screen Again
Roadrunner7

In network adapters; there is 11a/b/g/ wireless lan mini PCI adapter.. Should I delete this?
Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Roadrunner7 wrote:
In network adapters; there is 11a/b/g/ wireless lan mini PCI adapter.. Should I delete this?

Right click, uninstall.  Then use the action menu and scan for hardware changes, or just reboot and Windows should reinstall the driver.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Blue Screen Again
Roadrunner7

zolt an the gypsy :smileyvery-happy:   ZOLT is da man, true GURU!   Yes thanks...
Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

[ Edited ]

Excellent! While you are writing me a large check and hitting the kudos star, how about marking this one "solved".

(Actually, never mind the check and kudos, but do mark it solved if you would.)

[edit] NVM!  It's already marked,  Good job!

Thanks,
Z.

Blue Screen Again
RoxCorbin

Zoltan,

Just wanted to add my thanks. I kept getting 'wireless connected' messages but no packets were being received. After reading your post, I took a deep breath, uninstalled Intel Wireless PRO/2200BG Network Connection, then scanned for new hardware. And got my wireless connectivity back.