Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Reh_like_animal

MC8775 firmware update

hi,

I want to update the mc8775 modem in my lenovo t60 notebook to unlock 7,2 Mbit support. I downloaded an updating software and the latest firmware but the modem couldn't be recognized by the software.

Maybe someone here in this forum has done this yet and can give me some advice.

Thanks!

Regards

Reh_like_animal

Paper Tape
Reh_like_animal

Betreff: MC8775 firmware update

Nobody?

Bit Torrent
TuuS

Betreff: MC8775 firmware update

I don't use celular broadband because it's really only half an internet connection, and your blocked from remote connections so you're limited in what you can do, so I can't really help you in hacking your modem. I also think you might have a problem when you update the firmware and you might need a hacked computer bios too because if you change the device firmware, it may be rejected by the bios as not being a genuine lenovo card.

Aside from that, you really should look for help on a forum that specializes in modem hacking. If you're able to get the firmware flashed and your T60 won't accept the card, we can probably point you towards a 3rd party hacked bios, but to expect someone with intmate knowledge of hacking this specific piece of hardware to quickly reply to you in this forum is unrealstic. I'm sure if any of use use this modem and have hacked it, we would have replied, and I see no reason not to keep checking back, but if you want a quick solution, try using google and searching for the modem and words like "firmware" "hack" "unlock" etc...

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 4gb ram...ThinkPad A-31 (1.9ghz P4 1.5gb ram)