Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
puulima

Monitor calibration/settings?

Is there somewhere that the monitor settings can be tweaked to adjust the "temperature" of the color?  ie: my T81 appears to have a bluish or "cool" tint to it...therefore pictures do NOT look like they do when printed.  The same photos look great on my desktop PC and print fairly close to how they appear on that PC.

I spoke to tech support and they are saying my monitor is bad...it's a brand new PC...they reached this conclusion with zero testing or diagnostics.  Is there no way to adjust the settings? The monitor works fine otherwise.  I do get a error when I start Adobe Photoshop noting the monitor profile is corrupt...is that a photoshop file or a system file and potentially part of my problem?

thx
Token Ring
singularity2006

Re: Monitor calibration/settings?

Normally, laptop LCD's never require fine tuning nor do they have any physical switches to adjust.  The only method to callibrate or adjust the monitor settings are through your laptop's video driver itself.  If you have a blue tint right off the bat, it's most likely a bad LCD.  But a better question is when you first turn on your laptop and see the Lenovo start screen, how white is the white and how black is the black?  If you have a blue tint, it is probably a bad LCD.  On the other hand, it can also be a loose connector connecting the LCD to the motherboard.  To see if this is the case, you might want to check out the service manual to see the connectors and see if you can check if they are firmly connected.
T61_Wide | Model No. 7662 - CTO
Core 2 Duo T7250 | 2GB OCZ DDR2-800
82566MM Gigabit | 4965AGN Centrino Pro
WWAN
Puppy

puulima wrote:
ie: my T81 appears to have a bluish or "cool" tint to it...therefore pictures do NOT look like they do when printed.

thx

That's probably correct. Current notebook LCD displays (since FlexView is no longer available) have extremly bad quality in every aspect. It is most outdated part of notebook. I don't expect it might improve in the future. Cutting costs is the reason.
Punch Card
mikescott

There are some freeware programs you can use to adjust the gamma settings for your lcd, just search for them, I used to use one but can't remember the name of it.
mike
Retired Employee
Tim_Lenovo

I can't speak to your specific issue, but I know that most people who seek accurate color calibration use devices like these
-----------------------------------
Tim Supples
Lenovo Social Media

Got a question? Don't PM me, post it on the forum!
Lenovo Blogs
X60 Tablet SXGA+ primary, Z61p fully loaded workhorse
Punch Card
tselling

Monitor Calibration Wizard (MCW) is a free tool to calibrate your colors.
Fanfold Paper
puulima

McAfeee Site Advisors reports that the the Hex2Bit website is "dangerous"

"When we tested this site we found links to webtechgeek.com, which we found to be a distributor of downloads some people consider adware, spyware or other potentially unwanted programs."

WWAN
Puppy

The question is whether the calibration actually makes sense here. Current notebook screens are extra-low-quality TN panels :smileysad: Typical viewing distance is from 40 cm to 70 cm. Due the quality issues, it is practically impossible to find a point where a single color looks uniform on the whole screen surface. These screens have actually no viewing angle. In any case you would need a hardware calibration tool to perform serious calibration.
Fanfold Paper
puulima

Sounds like I'd be better off to connect an external monitor for any "serious" graphics type work then...and live with the "blue" screen for my real job (spreadsheet/outlook use)...the Lenovo tech guy told me to send back the laptop since the monitor was likely bad...I guess I can try that also...just need to find a time where I won't need my laptop for several days...

Appreciate all the feedback/assistance
thx

WWAN
Puppy

puulima wrote:
Sounds like I'd be better off to connect an external monitor for any "serious" graphics type work then.

And for that you would need a dock to get DVI out.