Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
anjelojose

My thinkpad is getting heated up

Hi there

My think pad is getting heated up like any thing. Mainly on the right side, around the finger print reader.  Not able to keep my palm for more than one minute.  Any idea why is it happening so.  Its just two months old notebook.

Thanks & Regards
Anjelo
Bit Torrent
wjli2

Re: My thinkpad is getting heated up

that is on your harddrive side, is your harddrive constantly accessing (your haarddrive access light should be constantly on, if its constantly accessing)???? have you tried reformating your laptop's OS??? what is your laptop spec, i.e. T or R model, CPU??, operating system, ram and harddrive size??? it could be a harddrive problem, you may need to get the service to get it looked at, otherwise your laptop's longevity would suffer....
What's DOS?
anjelojose

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

This is a T61 with 3 G RAM and 160 G Hard Disk with Windows Vista Business.

This notebook still a fresh one. I didn't even install Office or any other application. Currently I'm using it only for browsing.

Thanks & Regards
Anjelo
Bit Torrent
wjli2

it sounds like your Harddrive probably have too much friction in its bearing, but send it back to Lenovo service to get it looked at, probably they would give you a new harddrive.... backup all your important files before you do it, because you may not get the old harddrive back...
What's DOS?
anjelojose

Hi

Thanks for your suggestion.  Will take it to Lenovo.

Regards
Anjelo