Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
urmitnick

Need T60 Bios dump file

Hi everybody

1st of all sorry for my english

I have a Lenovo hinkpad T60 1952-cto (not the Wide screen model) and I tried to update my bios but now the notebook don't start  (I think that I flashed it with the wrong flash file).I'm not able to boot from cd neither enter in the setup utility.

after a lo time of googling I found that I can repair my laptop by programming the bios eeprom with a clean dump file obtained from another T60.

can anyone send me a dump file of it's T60 bios? (you can use Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0 to create this dump file.

Thanks in advance

Community Moderator
richk

Re: Need T60 Bios dump file

It doesn't work like that. Part of your BIOS is related to security, so it is unique to your machine. You will get 4 sets of 4 beeps.
Blue Screen Again
urmitnick

Thank you richk for your reply

can you explain me why i can't use this method?

Community Moderator
richk

[ Edited ]

The dump you put back will have security info that will not match the rest of the board. (it will match the security stuff onf the board the dump came from) You will get 4 sets of 4 beeps. It won't start. I will not discuss in more detail because it would violate policy on bypassing security.

Blue Screen Again
urmitnick

thank you very much.can you give an advise to resolve this problem?you can send me a PM.