Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Thing

Options for a Dim T61p screen

[ Edited ]
I think I have had enough, I put up with the dim screen as long as possible, but since I deal with the configuring of other laptops for the company daily, I cant help but get pissy over my Dim screen. Is there any screen swap availble, a different manufacture? I see some people have had luck with getting their depoted T61p's returned with LG units instead of the Samsung that is factory. How do I go about doing this? What other opions do I have?
Message Edited by Thing on 02-04-2009 01:56 PM
T61p type: 6460-67U
Paper Tape
schmidy

Re: Options for a Dim T61p screen

I had a pixel burn out on my Samsung screen.   I have a 4 year onsite warranty with Thinkpad protection  The tech came to my home to fix the screen and it was another Samsung.  Low and behold...the screen was dead on arrival.  When he called tech support to have another screen sent.... I told him to ask for the LG and that is how I got it.  I was told the LG only came on the T61P that has the fingerprint reader.  Mine does not have the reader.  I do not know how true that is.

I suggest calling Lenovo customer service directly and not tech support to see about getting the LG.   The LG is the only other option.   Its better...but I wouldn't say it is great.  My old T30 has a brighter screen.