Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
jayare75

Password Manager 1.0 won't stay on

I've noticed that my password manager no longer stay running.  Other than the ability to login with my fingerprint, it no longer auto-fill entries, nor does it ask for new ones.  I've checked all the preferences, and everything seems to be on and running.  However, I note that when I first turn on the PC and login, I get an About password_manager screen showing the version number.  I click OK, and then I notice that the password manager icon in the system tray disappears.  So, I go to CSS and click the button to Manage my passwords, which opens up the Password Manager screen.  All my entries show without issue.  If I close the window, that About password_manager comes back up again.  Now, as long as I leave that About password_manager on the screen, it seems to work.  I get asked to enter new passwords, and it filles in existing ones.  However, as soon as I click OK, I'm back to no functionality.  So, what happened?  I can't believe that I need to leave that annoying screen on all the time just to get it to work.
WWAN
mixz1

Re: Password Manager 1.0 won't stay on

Questions:
  1. What OS are you using?
  2. If you are using XP have you recently installed Service Pack 3?
  3. What model ThinkPad?

Please inform the board.

T520 4239-CTO
T61/p 6459-CTO (Gone but not forgotten)
A31/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
A30/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
701C Win 98 Don't ask
Paper Tape
jayare75

I'm using Windows XP, and I am on Service Pack 3, but was having this issue prior to updating.  I am using a T61 (7300 model), with 2GB's of RAM.  I was able to temporarily solve the issue by following another posting's suggestion.  I rolled back my NVIDIA drivers to the previously installed version and rebooted, at which point the Password Manager began working again.  As far as I can tell, I was using the latest version of the NVIDIA software.  Is there an update to Password Manager that I'm unaware of, or another version of the NVIDIA software that doesn't cause this conflict?  Lenovo support has not provided me any assistance or direction on this issue, thus far.
WWAN
mixz1

I also rolled back the NVIDIA drivers, but to no avail. Password Manager worked for one reboot and then reverted to the exact behavior you described in your OP. For the moment, I have stopped using CSS and am watching the downloads page for the next edition, although there's a possibility it won't work either. As I've commented in other posts, it's hard to say who is to blame here, but there's a lot of "Lenovware" that has been broken by SP3. Sorry I can't be of greater help.
T520 4239-CTO
T61/p 6459-CTO (Gone but not forgotten)
A31/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
A30/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
701C Win 98 Don't ask
Paper Tape
cjgray

Disable NVIDA Desktop Manager

What's DOS?
waterjerome

I have a similar problem after updating Nvidia drivers. The 'About password_manager" notice stays open (2 of them) and I can't close them without going to task manager.

I believe the nView desktop manager also causes my screen to go crazey and slow my machine down when entering power save mode and plugging in an external monitor.

thinkpad W510

windows 7, 64-bit, SP1

updated to NVIDIA 285.62 Quadrfx 880M

DirectX 11