Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
memex89

Problem connecting to internet, stuck " acquiring network address"

[ Edited ]

hello.... since yesterday,  i got a problem when i'm try to connect to wireless internet (wired connection works fine)... i have a thinkpad t61, windows xp SP 3 with an Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN...

since yesterday automatically disconnected from internet and windows try to reconnect, but stuck on "acquiring network address"... this happens in my home and a friend's home... i have configured windows to manage the connections... and it try over and over to connect but still stuck on "acquiring network address"

i don't try anything yet to fix it.... if anyone can help me with this....!! :smileyvery-happy:

Guru
Mornsgrans

Betreff: Problem connecting to internet, stuck " acquiring network address"

Do the following steps and test connection after each item

• Reboot the router
  • Right-click the wireless-icon in system tray and select "Repair"
  • Start - Run - "cmd" [OK]
    input: ipconfig /flushdns <enter>
    input: ipconfig /registerdns <enter>
    close console window and try again
  • remove 3rd party desktop firewall/security suite (Zonealarm, Kaspersky-, Symantec Internet Security etc.)

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Fanfold Paper
KyleTexas

Betreff: Problem connecting to internet, stuck " acquiring network address"

I had some problem about the same time.. but I run a LAN at home. Did a little search on my problem online and a guy listed problems similar to mine that had bugged him for months. He was getting inadvertantly kicked off  in an inconsistent manner ... every 2 weeks or so. He said he'd been to his computer mfg website and updated his drivers but was still having issues... he finally went to the Intel website and downloaded their drivers and the problem stopped.

Anyway... I did the same thing.. got the info off of my hardware and then went to the Intel website for driver downloads .. fixed my problems as well.