Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
djn0ne

Replace T41 LCD - Need instructions

I have a 4 yr old T41 2369 DKU and the LCD went dim about 3 months ago. While you can not see it unless you strain you eyes or go get a flashlight, I can remote desktop into it and operate it just fine.

I just purchased a replacement LCD (complete enclosed monitor with hinges and interface cable. I have tried to download the service manual or the whole user manual, but the ftp from lenovo's website is not letting me get the file. I tried on 2 pc's at work yesterday and 2 different pc's at home and the same behavior occurs on multiple manuals on either IE or Firefox.

Does anyone know how to do this or how to easily get the required manual for a LCD replace/swap?

do I need to take apart the screen side (and since I have the complete assembly, I'm assuming not) or just the bottom where I'll screw the hinges back into the PC and reconnect the antenna and monitor cable?

Bit Torrent
wjli2

Re: Replace T41 LCD - Need instructions

Paper Tape
djn0ne

Thanks for the link, but it is the same place I have tried 4 different pc's from 2 different locations to download.  It just sits there are the ftp site and says 0%.  after a couple of minutes of sitting still it times out and errors.

Where else can I get this manual?  Can you email me a copy or how do I get it today?

Please help, thanks. 

Retired Moderator
JHEM

djn0ne wrote:

Thanks for the link, but it is the same place I have tried 4 different pc's from 2 different locations to download.  It just sits there are the ftp site and says 0%.  after a couple of minutes of sitting still it times out and errors.

Where else can I get this manual?  Can you email me a copy or how do I get it today?

Please help, thanks. 

If you are incapable of doing something as simple as downloading the HMM for your machine, do you really think you should be disassembling it?

No offense meant, it's a serious question. Have you tried right clicking on the link for the HMM and selecting "Save as" and saving it on your computer first and then attempting to open it? FWIW I just opened that file with no difficulties whatsoever, so the problem appears to be on your end.

Regards,

James
wjli2

you must have firewall up....private message me your email i will try to send it to you.