Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
creative_vitami

Shocking, rude and unexpected Poor Customer Service by Lenovo

[ Edited ]

I have raised a service request for Lenovo - P4ST9JH with Singapore Service Centre over the phone on last Friday, 01 Oct 2010

The problem was in relation to the notorious "One Long Beep and Two Short Beeps" that people in the forum has attributed to the Video card on chip.

I have log and submited what i have observed, e.g. after the sound , the monitor was blank as well.

On Monday, same guy , Hafiz contacted me saying that they will send me a quotation for the repair. However, i told him that this is a notorious problem and Lenovo should acknowledge this problem.

I also quote him a document "MIGR-75087" within lenovo for their reference.

He mentioned he will check and get back again.

On Tuesday morning , 5 Oct 2010, the issue was escalated to a lady call Cindy, she say she is from the customer centre.

The number display was +0376818000.

I reiterated the issue and she say she will get back again.

She call again in the evening , saying that the technician will like to contact me.

I ask for the reason, she say that as i have not mentioned about the "One Long beep and two short beeps" in my call on friday, the technician will like to hear it.

I mentioned that if that is the case, its a problem with Lenovo, since i have given my case in details on the call on friday and monday. I even taught the caller on Monnday on how to search in google for this issue in Lenovo Forum.

E.g. google for "One long beep and two short beeps + T61p"

I am surprised that they want to listen and the reason citied by Lenovo was that i was not clear in my description.

I told Cindy (from Lenovo) that i want to speak to her manager for escalation. However, she raised her voice and get very rude. Is this we expect as a customer? She keep screaming that this is a very simple request, we just want to call you to hear for the beeps. I say, this request is abit odd. She get angry and start to scream on the phone. I insist that i will not like to talk to her and will like to speak to her manager.

She refused , stating her manager is not free. Is this part of Lenovo stragety? Making a customer irritated?

She hanged up abruptly, saying that maybe this is not a good time to call, she will call again.

I was left in a shock and surprised by the professional attitude that was displayed by Lenovo.

Can anyone explain to this?

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 136

Re: Shocking, rude and unexpected Poor Customer Service by Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Hi creative_vitami,

Welcome to Lenovo Community.

After reading through you post, I'm sympathetic to the experience you are facing. It's certainly not a good feeling being treat this way. I apologize to you.

As this "one long beep & two short beeps" issue is special case and need further inspection and verification, it will be really helpful if you can accept the call from technian referred by Cindy, the rep from Lenovo Care (the customer centre you mentioned). We all wish to have a better solution, do we not? :smileyhappy:

In respect to the rep from Lenovo Care, i will address your concern with the respective team. I'm sure we can find a way to help you fixing your machine, and restore your confidence in Lenovo again.

Do you mind to send a private message to me along with the details below?

• Full Name
  • Machine Type Model
  • Machine Serial Number
  • Email address
  • Case number given by Lenovo care and call centre (if there is)

Hope this will help. :smileyhappy:

Thank you.

Best regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Serial Port
creative_vitami

hi, thanks for your reply. meanwhile, i have been working around this issue by using a method suggest in this website, http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T61-and-prior-T-series-ThinkPad/T61p-exhibiting-1-long-and-2-short-beep-... =============================================== Summary of temporary fix: 1. Turn on notebook while plugged in to charger 2. cover heatsink and vents so that your comp overheats 3. Once the fan gets extremely loud...after about 40 mins turn it off (My computer shut down on me cuz it got too hot) 4. Wait till it cools down just a bit. 5. Power it on 6. Viola!
Serial Port
creative_vitami

Hi Cleo_Lenovo I have given my case number in my original post. Wonder if you have managed to read in details? The details you have requested should be documented in the case number as these details have been given in my Friday call to Lenovo. However, due to the call on Monday and Tuesday which require reiteration of details previously given, i will not be surprised if they are not recorded, in that case, please let me know again so that i can refurbish you with the details. Hopefully we should not be expecting any lack of details. I believe the call center should be treating each call and recording each call to their best professionalism.
Cleo_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Hi creative_vitami,

Thanks for your swift response.

All the calls of course will be recorded. I think the technician just would like to double confirm and verify somethings before making a conclusion.

Anyway, i'm sorry to tell that i do not have access to those case numbers nor dealing with call centre or service centre. However, I am dealing with Lenovo Care team. Lenovo Care team has their own ticket number as well based on the case escalated to them by service/call centre.

For this reason, i need the info i requested earlier in order for me to check with the team. I"m not sure the service request ticket given by call centre will help but i can try. However, if it can't, i will have to come back to you again. Ok?

Thank you for writing back :smileyhappy:

Best regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

creative_vitami wrote:

......I am surprised that they want to listen and the reason citied by Lenovo was that i was not clear in my description.

I told Cindy (from Lenovo) that i want to speak to her manager for escalation. However, she raised her voice and get very rude. Is this we expect as a customer?

I'm not surprised they would want to hear the error code for themselves it helps them confirm your verbal description.

Having sold ThinkPads for 10 years, and also having had to deal with customers problems, I've always loved being able to demonstrate an audible error beep code,  unusually noisy fan, hard drive or optical drive over the phone to the support agents. It makes everything so much easier for me and probably for them.

Think about it; someone complains about an error beep code and is also in a position to immediately reproduce the error beep code on request which they can hear over the phone; a) it is confirmation that a problem exists and b) it validates and reinforces their verbal description.

In my experience the result has always been me being issued a call number immediately and the resulting repair being carried out quicker than usual; they're able to order the parts before the system arrives at the depot resulting in a quicker turn around.

If you have cooperated with the support agent 100% and carried out all their requests, whether or not you consider them to be unfruitful or unjustified, I could understand the reason for wanting to escalate.

Sometimes the simple request, for something simple, can be the key to unlock the solution.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Serial Port
creative_vitami

Andy P wriote:

=========================================================================

Think about it; someone complains about an error beep code and is also in a position to immediately reproduce the error beep code on request which they can hear over the phone; a) it is confirmation that a problem exists and b) it validates and reinforces their verbal description.

In my experience the result has always been me being issued a call number immediately and the resulting repair being carried out quicker than usual; they're able to order the parts before the system arrives at the depot resulting in a quicker turn around.

If you have cooperated with the support agent 100% and carried out all their requests, whether or not you consider them to be unfruitful or unjustified, I could understand the reason for wanting to escalate."

=======================================================================

I believe before you start to give comments, you have to read properly.

The reason given by customer service to hear the beep sound is, she told me that the beep sounds was not being mentioned in my call to Lenovo on last Friday.

To add, everytime Lenovo called me, I will need to reiterate my story each time., which create lack of confidence in the case recording in Lenovo. 

Appreciate if you do not read carefully, please reserve your comments to yourself.

Cleo_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Hi creative_vitami,

I've shared your story with Lenovo Care team and they are concerned about your problem as well. They have been following up your case diligently with call centre and i believe we can help you in machine repair after verified the beep sound with your great help.

I was told that you will be contacted within these few days for updates. Your understanding is very much highly appreciated.

Anyway, stay calm creative_vitami :smileyhappy: Andy was just sharing his experience. Let's move on. :smileyhappy:

Best regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media

Serial Port
creative_vitami

Hi Cleo_Lenovo Thanks for your pro-active follow up on this case. Appreciate Lenovo actions and acknowledgment of this issue. My aim of all the calls is also to get a resolution which is satisfactory. I guess I am some of the lucky batch who have the machine running for almost 3 years before it give way. All the way for Lenovo's laptop. I have used some other brands before, so far, Thinkpad is the most assuring. Kudos Thinkpad.
Cleo_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Hi createive_vitami,

You're most welcome!

Thanks for your post. It's really great you came back letting us know about the update. Appreciate that :smileyhappy:

I"m glad that your machine is getting repair service now. We always want to make sure our customers are satisfied with our services. The services provided is exactly the experience we envision our valued customers to have.

Thanks for your support all the while. I hope everything is fine now. :smileyhappy:

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Cleo

WW Social Media