Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
zfries

Speaker feedback issue with Thinkpad t43

[ Edited ]

I have a refurbished Thinkpad T43 (2005) with Windows 7 Ultimate installed and it's been working great so far. My issue is that, recently, I've been getting this high pitched feedback noise when I turn the volume up loud. When I plug in my headphones I don't get feedback but I can hear the keys being clicked and when I tap on the monitor, around the keyboard etc.

I have had an issue with the volume since I get the computer but not with feedback. When I turn up the volume via the hotkeys the volume increases but it does not show this on the monitor, it's as if my volume icon and the volume hotkeys are running separately because they are not synced up with one another.

If someone could please help I'd appreciate it because this feedback noise occurs whenever I turn the volume up loud or close the computer while it's still on (when it should just simply beep and go into hibernation mode) and it interferes with my listening to music, closing the laptop when not in use, etc.

It's a very harsh sound.

I could not find any solutions on these boards or Google, maybe I'm just not looking in the right spots and I'm also not extremely hardware savvy.

Thanks!

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,229
Solutions: 1,310

Re: Speaker feedback issue with Thinkpad t43

switch off the mic. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
IPnaSh
Kudos: 369
Solutions: 125

I agree with lead_org. But don't swith off using hardware. You need to change settings on control panel.

Best regards.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Blue Screen Again
zfries

Thanks! Found it under the speaker levels tab. I was looking under the microphone, which I disabled but didn't help, guess the speakers were still playing the mic and I was getting the feedback when I turned it up!