Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
JCulp711

Synaptics Touchpad Enhancements?

So i have a t61p and every so often it freezes and when i restart it a dialouge box pops up saying "Synaptics Touchpad Enhancements have stopped working close program" How did this happen????
What's DOS?
Mr_Sweep

Re: Synaptics Touchpad Enhancements?

I am not sure why this happens, it may be a bad driver installation from what I have been reading online this happens a lot after people install new updates.

The quick "solve it now" solution would be to navigate to the synaptics folder on your computer (C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP) find SynTPEnh.exe run this program and you should have your scroll function and everything back.

If it keeps ending the program on you after you have tried this maybe try finding an older version of the driver to instal, or put a shortcut link to the fore mentioned program on your desktop for easy access.

Serial Port
JCulp711

I found the .exe but it wouldn't run at all.  Do i delete all of that and download the driver?  Where do i get it?
What's DOS?
Mr_Sweep

If you click on that .exe it shouldnt "run" as most people would notice a program running, like in a seperate window, it would just start working. But if that didnt work you dont have to worry about deleting anything because if you install a new driver it should just copy over the existing programs.

You can install the newest drivers from http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

I am still searching for some older drivers on the internet hopefully I will be able to find some.