Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
miked

T40 Recovery/Drivers

Recently I had some virus issues with my T40 and decided to just wipe it clean and start over. I used the recovery disks that came with it to reformat the hard drive and re-install Windows XP Pro. The installation appears to be good but several drivers were not installed. I found the Lenovo web page that lists all the drivers for the T40. I decided to do the Ethernet controller first so I could get on the Internet and download the rest. I copied the driver file onto the T40 and expanded it into the C:\Drivers\WIN\Ethernet\PRO100\WS03XP32 where it left 7 files of various types. Then I tried to use the device manager to install the driver. I browsed to that folder but the wizard keeps telling me it can't find the driver file. I must be doing something wrong, can anyone give me some help? Thanks!

ajkula66
Kudos: 696
Solutions: 732

Re: T40 Recovery/Drivers

T40 units were shipped with two types of Ethernet connection, 10/100 and 10/100/1000. What is the full 7-character model number of your ThinkPad, so we can determine the correct LAN driver for it, should be something like 237?-???

Good luck and let us know.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T410, W510

Backups: T60, T61p, R500F

For sale: T60 (15" SXGA+ IPS), T61p (14" SXGA+ & 15.4" WUXGA),

Rebuilding: A31p, T42p, X24

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
Punch Card
1981camaroz28

I agree try the other driver listed if that does not work go to device manager and delete the card than hit scan for hardware changes. It should find the driver
What's DOS?
flamenco_fleur

Hi everyone.

I'm having the exact same problem as miked above (only my HD bit the dust - no virus). I'm on a new HD now and am trying to install the driver for the Ethernet Controller.

I downloaded it from this page: 

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-46258.html

Unfortunately the installation wizard doesn't recognize the file.

I have a IBM T40 2373-42G with Windows XP Pro running on it.

Camaro, what do you mean by "try the other driver listed"? There is only one downloadable driver for XP on the Lenovo download page.

Thank you all very much in advance for your help!

Cheers

Fleur

What's DOS?
flamenco_fleur

Hello. I'm not usually one for double posting, but I was wondering after this thread being viewed 120 times, does no one have any input for me?

Again, I'd be very, very grateful, as I desperately need my laptop for work and it's sadly lying sleeping at home.

Thank you very much!

Fleur

Paper Tape
akill

What's DOS?
flamenco_fleur

[ Edited ]

Hello akill, thank you so much for that file! I tried it and it worked beautifully! :smileyhappy:

Where did you find it?

I'm so glad, thanks again.

Have a nice day,

Fleur

Moderator Note; please update your profile with your correct country location as per the forum rules. Products, options and services vary from market to market. Knowing your location helps us help you

Message Edited by andyP on 08-05-2008 05:17 PM
What's DOS?
dance_u2002

Hi, my T40 is 2373-SA7 , even after installing the link above i am still have the yellow question mark at the ethernet controller.

Pls help

Melissa

What's DOS?
grandma_thinker

i have t40 2373-14u it does not show that i have any network connections. i have installed all the network drivers that they show for it and even the wireless network driver. what else do i neet? i think i did the chipset too.
ajkula66
Kudos: 696
Solutions: 732

Welcome to the forum, grandma_thinker!

After downloading and extracting the file, you must go into C>Drivers>Win subfolder and run the setup(s) from there.

For instance, the graphics driver will be in: C>Drivers>Win>Video, while the LAN will be in C>Drivers>Win>Ethernet.

Hope that you're grasping the concept now.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T410, W510

Backups: T60, T61p, R500F

For sale: T60 (15" SXGA+ IPS), T61p (14" SXGA+ & 15.4" WUXGA),

Rebuilding: A31p, T42p, X24

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.