Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
delambo

T41 Bluetooth wont switch on.

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I recently bought a T41 2373-4PG for spares/repair with the common GPU fault and with no RAM or HDD.  I re-flowed the GPU in my reflow oven and fixed that fault,  I then fitted 512mb RAM and 80gb HDD.  I bought a T41 restore disk off ebay and got the laptop working.  Immediately it all worked OK - including the bluetooth however after a couple of weeks and some windows updates and software installs the bluetooth stopped working all together.  I have tried to switch the bluetooth on using fn+f5 but the light does not light up and it does not appear in the device manager.

The bluetooth card fitted was a BMDC200 91P7315.  I had a spare BMDC 93P3471 which I fitted but on boot I got a message something along the lines of " unauthorized daughter card fitted please remove and reboot".  I bought a replacement card the same as the one I removed but still have the same problem.

I do not know if it is a coincidence but around the time of the bluetooth not working I started to get an error on shutdown of "End program - Sample.  This program is not responding ....."  I then have to click "end now" 3 times before it will shut down.

Up until this point I was really happy with this laptop and would even go as far as to say it is the best laptop I have ever owned!!

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator edit: Fixed typo in subject.