Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Slider

T43p - Mouse pointer freezes after changing the battery to a new one

Hello,

I have bought a new battery for my IBM Thinkpad T43p. In the description of the new battery I have seen that this battery is compatible with T43 series. Battery details are: DC 10.8V 5200mAh/56Wh. Replace: 08K8214.

My problem is:

I have ordered a new battery for my Thinkpad T43p but when I turned off  the notebook and replace the old battery with the new one the notebook became strange. I use Windows XP Prof on this computer and when the login screen appeared and during I was typing my user name and password the mouse pointer was freezed and I had to turn off the computer. It was happened within approx 1 minute after the Login screen appeared. The symptom was the same with or without plugged in AC charger. I have tried several times and the same behavior was happened. When I changed back the old battery the computer became normal again without any freezing. The fan was working properly in both cases. The symptom is the same if I change the battery during AC charging and using Windows. 

I don't have an idea about the reason of it. Can you help me with ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Slider

Blue Screen Again
Slider

Re: T43p - Mouse pointer freezes after changing the battery to a new one

Hi again,

and one strange thing.... if I don't touch the computer at the Login screen then it does not freeze! The screensaver turns on after 5 minutes but the computer does not freeze!  It was freezed only when I started to move mouse pointer fast....

ajkula66
Kudos: 757
Solutions: 801

Pull the battery out and run the machine on AC only. Does it freeze now?

If it doesn't, the "new" battery needs to be replaced.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
Blue Screen Again
Slider

Thank you for the answer!

I have pulled out the battery and run with AC power only and then it was working properly! I have asked the seller about this and they answered that I should ask the local Lenovo support because they have not heard about any similar problem before!

But I am getting sure I should re-send the battery and request a change because I assume that this problem is somehow related to the circuit of the new battery!

Slider

What's DOS?
leblabac2172

I have just experienced the exact same problem - replaced the battery with a T43 compatible and the mouse froze, etc. When I put the old battery back in, it worked just fine.