Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
bototucuxi

T60: AC ADAPTER and new Battery Problems

Hi,

I have recently bought a new Thinkpad AC ADAPTER and a new 12 cell battery to my "Thinkpad T60 1953" notebook.

After i received them I pluged both new devices into the notebook but battery cant get charged!!...

Whenever i plug the new ac adapter to the notebook when is not turned on the lighst start blinking like: 1. orange battery and green litle plug lights appear, after a second shuts and apear green batery and green litle plug and after a second just apears the litle green plug lightened, this cycle continues until i take the plug of adapter from the wall socket.

ehn I turn on the notebook with the ac adapter there is always a beeping going on like the notebook is switching on and off intermitently with some seconds between the beeps. Here first theres a orange light with a green light when the notebook is switched on but after a second appears a green battery light then lighs go off and start all again. its very noisy.

I made two litle videos on cell phone i order for someone see whats happening when the notebook is turned off with ac adapter plugged and when is turned on with acadapter plugged:

AC ADAPTER PLUGGED WITH BATTERY & NOTEBOOK OFF: http://www.mediafire.com/?8rieyu6uq6zoz6f

AC ADAPTER PLUGGED WITH BATTERY & NOTEBOOK ON. http://www.mediafire.com/?a12fxsll8nhcu32

I dont have the original lenovo software but windows 7 so i dont have maintanance battery check software but the battery is new bought on eBay and carger new as weel bought on eBay as well.

The new ac adapter i bought details are:

P/N: 92p1108 - FRU: 92P1108 PA 1900-081 / output: 20V 4.5A 90W.

My old ac adapter details:

P/N: 92P1158 - FRU: 92P1157 PA-1650-161 / output: 20V - 3.25A.

The Battery details are: 12 Cell Battery IBM/LENOVO Thinkpad T60 40Y6795 40Y6799

The back of my thinkpad says: ... output 20V-3,25A.

Can someone tell me whats wrong with the notebook?? Is this normal to charge a new battery. I left the notebbok charging a hole afternoon and didnt charge at all..

Hope anyone can help me...

Boto

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,237
Solutions: 1,329

Re: T60: AC ADAPTER and new Battery Problems

There could be some sort of battery problem. FYI the 12 cells battery are never offered by Lenovo and they are aftermarket upgrade, with unproven track record.

Does this problem occur with no battery installed? Also, did your laptop operate properly when you did not use the new 12 cells battery.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
bototucuxi

Hi again,.

I didnt test the ac adapter without the battery. in some hours i will do the test and will lety you know.

Anyway I have bought the battery because I had one that came with the notebbok when i bought it. It was everthing ok then the AC adapter start giving problems, i mean it would go off and on, probably a cable issue or someother kind of problem. Then one day the battery start not working at all and there was always a blinking battery icon orange all the time. I went to internet to know mor info about this and discover that i need to replace the battery.

I bought then a 12 cell battery that last long and because i sawmany web pages that the T60 adapter was the 90W i bought one of those but apparently it does not work... but also the 65W does not work as well. I try yesterday toi plug the 65W again and it sowed the same simptoms as the 90W one.

For reference my previous cell battery was FRU 42T4504 (10.8V-5.2AH) and the 12 cell new battery is FRU 92P1133 (10400mAH-112Wh).

Yesterday i went to a elecrical shop and they kind said that the 20V jack neds to have 3 polarity and the one i had just 2, it seems the center pin didnt have polarity...

Thats what happened...

Some guy told me that there are peoblems with the 12 cell battery for T60? is this true?

Thanks.

Boto

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,237
Solutions: 1,329

3 parity? hum what a weird suggestion by the electrical shop. The centre pin is the information pin, it has no voltage, it tells the laptop what kind of adapter it is (i.e. 65, 90 w, etc).

orange LED light means that the battery have low charge or a battery error.

You can use the 65 watt adapter on your laptop if it comes with the Intel GPU.

I am not too familiar with the 12 cells battery, but experience tells me these odd after market battery usually do not work very well.

Try the laptop without the battery and see what happens.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
bototucuxi

Dear 

I have tested and the notebook gets charge from the ac acharger without the battery. 

Today a new charger 90w arrived and i try to charge the battery 12 cell and apparently the signs of battery charging appeared stable indicating it was charging... i left it charging... i dont know if it was the ac charger problem...

i will tell you later on the results.

boto

Fanfold Paper
bototucuxi

Hi
The notebook with the new aca daptare gets the orange light stable together with the green light but when i turn the notebook on it opens windows and then freezes. I opened the battery information and it say Connected buy not charging.

Is this so a malfunction of the battery, wrong battery for the T60 or aca adapter problem??

Thanks.
boto