Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
yurik

T60 ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 updated drivers

Hi, the ATI site lists the latest drivers for my video card - ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (T60) as version 8.9.

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/mobility-xp

Unfortunatelly, ThinkPad is NOT suported by them directly, meaning that Lenovo must repackage the driver themselves. The latest driver in system update for lenovo is 8.442.3-080103a1-057754C-Lenovo  -- clearly an older driver. When will the new drivers become available?

When I was using driverers that were supplied with the laptop originaly, 2 external monitors (through docking station) worked fine, but when I updated to 8.442, a number of visual problems occured: various incorrect image scaling, inability to play videos with VLC (works fine on the laptop screen, but not on the external monitors in the same video mode), and, most significantly - ocasional crashes - the laptop simply freezes with black screen, no messages.

Bit Torrent
wjli2

Re: T60 ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 updated drivers

[ Edited ]

Roll back your driver, you can still download the old driver from Lenovo's support site. Or use the latest Omega Catalyst driver instead, it has less problem been recognised by the laptop as compared to the normal Catalyst driver. 

Message Edited by wjli2 on 09-24-2008 04:15 AM