Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
truist

Re: T60 Bluetooth

Followed your instructions mornsgrans. The indicator stayed on until the log in screen came on then went out. Bluetooth showing up in device manager, enabled in BIOS. Tried adapter that Tuus sent to me with same results: no change in the status. Software issue now?

Bit Torrent
TuuS

If the problem is software, then either something you told us is in err, or you have some damaged/corrupt files. The easiest way to elimiate software is a problem is to replace the operating system. Reformatting and reinstalling is non-recoverable, but if you have a similar system you could try swapping harddrives, or as was suggested you could boot the system from a Linux liveCD. You can get one at ubuntu.com, book making no changes to your system and it will run from CD, if bluetooth works, then you know the problem is your software.

If the problem persists, the only other things I believe it could be is cable, inverter or system board.

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 4gb ram...ThinkPad A-31 (1.9ghz P4 1.5gb ram)
Guru
Mornsgrans

Controlpanel - Administrative Tools - Services:

There must be two entries concerning Bluetooth:

- Bluetooth Service

- Bluetooth Support

Both have to start automatically, both must have the status "running" - even Bluetooth is deactivated.

I hope, you never used a "tuning-tool" like tuneup utilities - in most cases you'll get the opposite of that, what you wanted.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Paper Tape
truist

I'm only showing Bluetooth Service and it's status is "started." Haven't run a tuning tool.

Guru
Mornsgrans

[ Edited ]

Hmmm - did you install "Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software II for Windows XP - ThinkPad"

or

Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software for Windows XP, 2000 - ThinkPad ?

One of them must be installed, if BT shall work.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Paper Tape
truist

Eureka!! That was the solution. Thought I had the latest driver in there but it wasn't. Many thanks Mornsgrans.

Regards,

truist