Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
elessar

T60 DVD drive won't play any DVD movies

Hello,

I have a T60 laptop with a Mat**bleep**a DVD/CDRW UJDA775 DVD drive.  I have tried loading several dvd decoders using WinXP Pro  and none of them seem to allow me to watch any DVD movies.  Is anybody else having this issue?

Thanks,

Fred

What's DOS?
elessar

Re: T60 DVD drive won't play any DVD movies

This site bleeped out the four letters of the brand name of the drive...MatshXta drive.  The X is supposed to be the letter "i".
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

yes the site word checker is quite restrictive with certain phrases... but anyway...

when you can't play, what sort of movies are you trying to play copied or original, if it is the former, have you tried dvd data discs, if the data discs work, then it is a problem with the software somewhere, if data discs doesn't work then the laser diode or lens are having problems.

If you are playing original movies, do you have the right zones?? ie. the movie discs zoning corresponds to the dvd drive zones, the matxxxxxxita drive or the Panasonic as it is known, have a very restrictive firmware regarding zones compare to the Hitachi LG drive.  

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
khamil

My DVD CD/RW stopped writing to DVDs recently, and I think the software is somehow incompatible with recent XP updates. Any thoughts on this?

Khamil

What's DOS?
elessar

HI,

Thanks for the reply.  I am playing original Region 1 dvds.  I am able to install CD programs without a problem.  What are the zone restrictions for the Matshi...a drive? 

Fanfold Paper
yyoung

You really need to provide more detail.  What exactly happens when you try to play a DVD movie (i.e. are you getting a message like "Copyright protection signal detected, playback stopped")?  What player are you using?  If the problem just started recently, take a look at this link:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=SF07-D0115