Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
etabeta

T60 Freeze

After about 3 years my T60 start to freeze,and in order to wrok again I need to restart the system.

I sent my notebook to Lenovo and today I received it, they change the motherboard, but the netbook freeze again... :-(

I read all the post about "Freeze" but it didn't solve the problem.

Any new suggestions ?

Thanks

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,202
Solutions: 1,277

Re: T60 Freeze

etabeta wrote:

After about 3 years my T60 start to freeze,and in order to wrok again I need to restart the system.

I sent my notebook to Lenovo and today I received it, they change the motherboard, but the netbook freeze again... :-(

I read all the post about "Freeze" but it didn't solve the problem.

Any new suggestions ?

Thanks

Did you try to reinstall the OS?

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Agotthelf
Topics: 136
Kudos: 241
Solutions: 175

Hello etabeta,

please tell us your OS and model, not S/N, number also.

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T510, X220t, T61.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
etabeta

System: Windows XP SP3

Type: 2007-5TG

I didn't reinstall the OS because I read in all the post in this forum that reinstalling don't solve the problem.

I write another information: my notebook is 3 years old and the batteru is death. I tried to use the notebook with and without the battery but it always freeze.

Another things: I found crazy that with the battery death is impossible to update the bios to the last version...!! I'm sure that this don't solve the problem because a couple of month ago I update to the last bios but now I can't to reinstall an old version....!!!

lead_org

etabeta wrote:

System: Windows XP SP3

Type: 2007-5TG

I didn't reinstall the OS because I read in all the post in this forum that reinstalling don't solve the problem.

I write another information: my notebook is 3 years old and the batteru is death. I tried to use the notebook with and without the battery but it always freeze.

Another things: I found crazy that with the battery death is impossible to update the bios to the last version...!! I'm sure that this don't solve the problem because a couple of month ago I update to the last bios but now I can't to reinstall an old version....!!!

I think you should reinstall the OS if you can, just to make sure the OS is not the problem.

Otherwise, send the laptop in for another round of repair. 

Regards,

Jin Li

Paper Tape
etabeta

I tried to reinstall windows xp but when I start to install it (with a win XP cd) the installation windows program tell me that don't found the HD.

However the HD is OK because if I switch on the notebook with the installed windows xp version  it works and windows starts...

lead_org

you need to switch the hdd mode from ACHI to Compatibility under the BIOS menu, if you are using the aftermarket XP installation discs. 

Regards,

Jin Li