Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
RScarpelli

T60 Freezes when hot docking to the mini dock

I have a T60 Model 6317 74U.  I am running Windows XP.  When I place the laptop into the mini dock the system freezes and I have to power off the laptop and reboot.  What can I do to resolve this issue?
Lenovo Technology Partner
crisdean

Re: T60 Freezes when hot docking to the mini dock

RScarpelli wrote:
I have a T60 Model 6317 74U.  I am running Windows XP.  When I place the laptop into the mini dock the system freezes and I have to power off the laptop and reboot.  What can I do to resolve this issue?

Sorry if this post comes too late for you. Should youstill have the problem check your Docking Station for any rubbers on the outer pins. If they're blank this could cause your system to freeze.

Phone Lenovo and ask for a rubber kit and explain that you don't have the rubber kit installed.

Paper Tape
baumeisterbob

the rubbers dont work , we have still the same problems with all our  t6x notebooks and

all docking stations types  (advanced/mini).

we know from other companys they have changed the dockingstation by lenovo because of

a imperfected series.

but lenovo germany would know nothing about this :-)

Punch Card
draven5494

I too am seeing this problem on several T60 laptops.  All of the docks have the rubber covers on them.  I have seen a lot of these problems over the past week or so.  I wonder if a windows update may have had something to do with this.

I assume you guys that are having the same problems are on Windows XP?

Fanfold Paper
acmeak

I have exactly the same problem. My system: T60 20076RG (ATI X1400, Core2Duo...), the Advanced Mini Dock, Windows 7 with all updates and the latest drivers.

Is there any solve?

Fanfold Paper
acmeak

I think i have solved the problem. Just disable the "legacy support" (COM- and LPT-Port)  in the BIOS.