Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Stravaganza
Accepted Solution

T60 Thinkvantage BOOT

Hi there!

I've re-installed my T60 with a normal copy of XP instead of the recovery version on the HDD.

This (to my personal surprise) lead to me not getting the "Pre-OS" recovery console, when i press the blue "ThinkVantage" button at startup.

My partition with the Lenovo version of XP is still on the HDD, so isn't it possible to install the original OS again?

Paper Tape
Stravaganza

Re: T60 Thinkvantage BOOT

So, I'll take it im deep in it, and might just as well delete the partition for the extra space?

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Stravaganza, welcome to the forum,

by installing a vanilla XP you have changed the boot sector and therefore the recovery function. If you've got an USB floppy, or gen beg / borrow one, you should be able to repair it using the Rescue and Recovery - Recovery repair diskette

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
Stravaganza

Thats just nifty.

Thanks a bunch for the welcome, reply and the help.