Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
SquareWheels

Re: T60 no audio; no HDA audio bus driver

I performed the manual install. It appeared to be the best bet to get around the SP version dilemma. Again, thanks for supplying the brainpower to get this done; it is appreciated.

802.11n
techcafe

you're welcome... pay it forward, as they say.  cheers
What's DOS?
Silvio6

Hello,

I have the same problem with Windows Seven RC1.

The manual install does not work on Windows 7.

No audio yet :-(

Any idea ?

All seems ok, device installed, system says device working properly, but no audio out.

What's DOS?
kowwin

• Went to http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-62928.html
  • Downloaded proper audio driver for my laptop (T60):http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/77a224ww.exe
  • Extracted it to: C:\Drivers\Win\Audio\
    (meaning double clicked and pointed to save to this location)
  • And ran the following file: C:\Drivers\Win\Audio\SETUP.EXE
    (Double click on setup.exe)
    *NOTE* - Sound started working for me here.  It did not for my co-worker.  My co-worker resolved the issue by following the additional steps!

• Chose uninstall
  • Reboot machine
  • Ran C:\Drivers\Win\Audio\SETUP.EXE
  • Chose install
  • Voila problem solved (do not use “update driver” feature in Windows)
What's DOS?
gwipgwip

hi,

i found this thread on a problem that almost identical to mine

i tried all the steps listed but i get slightly different results and therefor cant progress

Can anybody help me through this ?

Would be much appreciated

goretsky
Topics: 19
Kudos: 357
Solutions: 143

Hello,

You might want to start a new message thread explaining the problem you are experiencing.  Be sure include important information like your machine type (it should be on a label on the bottom of the ThinkPad and say something like 1234-ABC), operating system version (including service pack level) and what you have done so far to troubleshoot the issue. With that information, other members will be able to begin assisting you in troubleshooting the issue.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
S230u (3347-4HU)X220 (4286-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)T61p (6459-CTO)T43p (2678-H7U)T42 (2378-R4U)T23 (2648-LU7)
de.gif  Deutsche Community es.gif  Comunidad en Español ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
Max63

Hi kowwin. I followed your instructions and I started audio in my T60 that doesn't work propely after the win7 upgrade. Thank you very much and I apreciated thera are people like you that enjoy to help peole unknow. Have a nice day and sorry for my english;-)
Blue Screen Again
freemail1

extracting HDA drivers from common files when you don't have PCI device or other devices listed

[ Edited ]

techcafe wrote:

go to device manager,

locate the PCI device under Other devices right-click, update driver, click install from list or specific location,

then browse to the commonfiles folder where you just extracted the HDA drivers, and

press Next.

I followed all your instrcutions up to this point, I'm stuck. What should I do now?

I didn't see PCI device or Other devices under device manager. My Soundmax has been uninstalled maybe that's why? (Soundmax won't install because of "HDA audio not installed error", even HDA audio driver though it has been installed)

Thank you.

I downloaded the Common XP Console anyway for XP sp3, X31 Thinkpad